What do you think the best way to quit smoking cigarettes is? -

Friday, July 6, 2018

What do you think the best way to quit smoking cigarettes is? -


What are some good thoughts to tell yourself when you gotta put a cigarette down? What can you do instead? What are some things that have helped you quit. And did you succeed?
Depends on how long you-ve been smoking. I quit cold but had only smoked 8 years or so, but my wife needed Chantix to kick it (link at bottom). Doing it with drugs, gum/etc. can be costly, but remember it-s nothing compared to what you spend on cigarettes. Good luck!
Nicotine gum really helped me. Another thing is to not worry about your weight. I-ve read that a lot of women won-t quit or go back to smoking if they start to gain weight. The little bit of weight you put on won-t be nearly as detrimental as smoking. Avoid doing your smoking routines. If you smoke right after a meal, make it a habit to go for a walk or work on a craft at this time. If you smoke while on the phone, doodle or swifter dust! Good luck.
Smokeless for 15 years!
Take up origami.
I-ve been trying to quit for 6 months I started with welbutrin patches and nicoerrette gum .I cut diwn alot but now im on chantix and it works great.No cravings at all after 7 days
Since it is an addiction, try to replace it with another addiction which is healthy.
First, get rid of your ashtrays. Make smoking as inconvenient as possible.
The best time to stop is when you will be away from the usual situations when you smoke. For example a holiday or buisness trip.
It also helps to be occupied with something, to keep busy.
Find a supportive non smoker and stay around them, avoid smokers and places where there is smoking going on.
Get a Paul MaKenna CD.

You can say to yourself, do I want to waste money, look vulgar, get wrinkles, smell bad and ruin my health, or err, not bother ?
Stay busy and use a mouth spray or gum. Most people prefer the mouth spray, but the gum seems to be more effective. Good Luck!
Cold turkey has been shown to be the most effective way. Throw out all your cigarettes, lighters. Have the support of friends/ partners (As long as they don-t smoke!). Ring the Quit line. Maybe consider patches/ gum if you are getting really bad cravings. If you wanna smoke, go for a walk, go to the gym, do something else.
Some people need lots of help, others just put them down. If you know your will power level is low, call a hot line number for stopping smoking. American Cancer or Heart Association will have them. Plan to stop smoking by picking a STOP DAY. Tell everyone around you about the day. Get rid of all tobacco and stay away from areas that promote the smoking habit for you....clubs, friends who smoke, etc. Join a stop smoking group. If a spouse smokes ask him to stop with you or not smoke around you. Get prescription medicines to help you. Chewing the gum along with the medication has been more helpful then just taking the medication alone....statistically. Have friends call you to keep encouraging you. TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. Everyday is one small victory. Hug yourself at the end of each day to congratulate yourself...It is hard, but not impossible...GOOD LUCK! You are a very smart person for kicking the monkey off your back. You know it, now believe it.
rebbeca im trying also to stop well lets just say i can quit and what i do is i slowly slow down and take it day by day i gradually cut back and replace them wit sugarless gum it works i just get nervious or upset and i willl smoke.
hope it works let me know?
The best way for me was getting pregnant! Ha ha. Really it did work, but I don-t suggest it for everyone of course. Seriously, when I didn-t enjoy smoking as much as I did enjoy it, and when I realized it was controlling my everyday life (make sure I had mints, hand sanitizer, eat fast so I had time to have a smoke, etc.) I decided it was time to quit. The best way? Cold Turkey, no joke. I-ve tried everything, and when I just said no, everytime no, you get stronger because you are not leaning on a crutch of an -aid-, you are doing it yourself. Also, tell someone you know you are quitting, it makes you accountable. Don-t be around smokers for a while. They will just tick you off. And if you can, take up a hobby or project that keeps you busy with your hands. I started cross-stitching and making jewelry. Whatever you do, if you make up your mind before hand that you WILL NOT smoke again, and you-ll have a better chance. Good luck to you.
chew gum or use the nicoteen patch
my family just knows how to quit by just not doing it
I smoked 2 packs per day for over 20 years. When I stopped
it was recommended to me to increase your intake of vitamin C
and every time you crave a cigarette drink an 8 oz glass of water. If you follow this plan, you will have to visit the bath room frequently. I did this and was able to quit. Also during this time, you must avoid all alcohol and caffeine drinks.
My father passed away from Pancreatic Cancer at the age of 55 - because he smoked cigarettes ... and he wasn-t a heavy smoker ( about 5 a day ) - If you want to see your children grow up and want to live a long and HEALTHY life - then QUIT -


i suggest slowly reducing the amount you smoke each day ...
if you currently smoke 10 a day .. then for a week only smoke 9 ... then the next week 8 ... and the next week 7 ... and so on


or get the patch/chewing gum

Good luck! i really hope you quit!
While many people stop smoking -on their own- cold turkey, many more continue to smoke even after having heart bypass surgery, partial lung removal after being diagnosed with lung cancer, and quite sadly, after having tracheotomies (holes in the neck for help breathing) after having severe emphysema and being unable to breathe- something about seeing smoke puffed out of a hole in the front of the neck is quite disturbing. That-s the grip that smoking has on people...yes those tobacco companies know they-ve got a product that people will stick with. That leaves me in awe of those with the mental fortitude to stop smoking on their own. I could never do that.
I refer people to 1 800 NO BUTTS for help with stopping, and I would direct you your doctor for followup with stopping- If you want to add 10 or 20+ years to your life, this will be the most important life decision you will make...I promise you that.
I m sure your can find here


http://www.gce-int.com/blog/index.php?s=…
What do you think the best way to quit smoking cigarettes is? -