How should one quit smoking? -

Sunday, July 15, 2018

How should one quit smoking? -


Have repeatedly thought and tried to give up smoking but failed.
When I try to quit, I loose my temper and feel intensely that I am missing some thing.
There is a new medication out called Chantix.Works great! It actually affects your craving zone in your brain.Worked for me and my huband.
dont give up......maybe running on a treadmill or going for a walk will get your mind off of smoking.....look for a hobby to do instead of picking up a cigarette...good luck!
First you have to be positive I gave them up for one and half years got hooked on nicorette gum. Take it one day at a time,just say to yourself I won-t smoke today,that-s how I surived. after my Mother died I went back on them and now I smoke twenty a day. I regret the day I went back on them.
try the patches i did and they worked for me i have not smoked for over 15 years but you have to want to pack in you self nobody else can do it for you
I feel I should stop but I am 76 and have been smoking around ten a day for most of my life Why should I stop now?
Try getting 2 or 3 sessions with an accupuncturist. That worked for me.
You should seriously consider that quitting completely may not be the best thing for you. In my case, I reached a compromise: I would only smoke at certain situations, like when I-m out for drinks at night with my friends, or home at night watching TV or only in certain contexts where I-ve decided to allow it. Mostly at night and when I-m trying to relax after a tough day-s work.

At first I tried to quit completely, you know how it is: -I either quit or continue smoking!- but after failing miserably I discovered that temperance is better. Typically, people want to smoke or not, but they can-t seem to consider reaching a compromise. After all, die you will, smoke or not, so why make a hell of your life? If you like smoking, do so, but with measure. Think about the cigarettes you DON-T smoke.

I know what I-m saying: if you really like smoking and you try to quit completely, you will become an angry person and you will feel sad.

I began smoking when I was 14 and am much older now, and this is the only way it-s worked for me. I think that giving up something you really like and is a part of your life isn-t always the best idea. You need to enjoy these things, but just to the point where they are less likely to kill you.

So, try smoking only at night or when the kids are not around (best for them too) and forget those cigarettes you used to smoke at odd moments. Resist these and if you can manage to pass the day only smoking 4 or 5, then it-s far better than smoking 16 or 20!

Another trick is to roll your own. That way they keep you busy longer and it-s not so easy to just take one and lit it. Besides, they taste slightly worse unfiltered while somehow calming your craving. Believe me, it-s tried and you can make it work.

It-s not easy but it-s doable. Believe me, I-ve done it. And you-ll feel all the better for being able to control yourself with cigarettes while others keep saying they-re going to quit but ultimately they can-t.

Best of luck.
There is a goodway which ? tried a few months ago and ?t worked....Bioresonance...You can find further information on the inetrnet.It is a kind of device which wipe off all the information in your memory which stored before.And the success is%85
I personally have tried to quit several times and have only been successful this last time. You will only be able to quit when you-re ready.

Before losing your temper, try to remember that you are doing what is best for your body, your health and the health of the loved ones around you.

Chew alot of gum!
What worked for me was one day at a time.

I-d smoked for 20+ years, failed several times to give up. I-d cut down, not smoking at work, not before 11am, but I could then get through a packet in the evening.

One day I said to myself, -I won-t smoke today. Tomorrow I can smoke ten packs if I want, but just not today-. I found it quite easy to get through, knowing that I could smoke the next day.

Of course the next day I told myself the same thing - and the next, and the next. Several times I thought, -I-m quitting!-, and then immediately I started to get stressed, wanting a cigarette, until I said, -Tomorrow, tomorrow!-.

It was a bit harder going out in the evening with my friends, but I saved that until i had done a week without, and made sure I spent the first few evenings out with non-smoking friends.

The first couple of weeks passed really easily; there was hardly a time that I found it difficult and whenever I really wanted one, I just told myself -Tomorrow- and it was manageable. I have not had a cigarette since I decided, and unlike all the other times I tried, i never found it difficult.

Good luck. If you try this method and it works, let me know . I might write a book about it! LOL.
For a start it-s easier to have someone going through the same thing as you are, find a group in your area, it-s so much easier when there-s someone to talk to when the cravings start. Then put the money you would pay for a packet in the jar, by the end of the week you can treat yourself to something. Or the old way is to collect a load of ciggies ends in a jar fill it with some water and replace lid, every time you get a craving just sniff! It works! Either way good luck and stick to it x
Hello my friend
There is only way to stop smooking when ever your feeling to smoke then try to be busy in some work. U will then forget to smoke and later also do the same. I have tried this and i was successful in this. If you have the intention to stop smoking then you will stop smooking .
five and a half years ago I gave up smoking. I kept switching brands until I found one that made me cough and gave me chest pains (I don-t know why) - this helped me to learn to hate smoking - hate the cigarrette companies that addicted me, hate the smell of smoke, hate full ash-trays, hate the addiction itself - eventually I became a radical anti-smoker. However my temper became uncontrollable, and remained so. Six months ago I started smoking again; I was waiting at an airport and on impulse (again I don-t know exactly why, perhaps simple boredom?) I bought a packet. Since then everyone has remarked how congenial I have become, relaxed and friendly... I have given up smoking at least 20 times, the longest was 6 years, so I think the long-term view demands consideration also - in other words not -how do I stop smoking?- but how do I manage in the long-term without cigarettes?-. For me, at any rate, two completely different kettles of fish but equally important. Smoking is a drag....
dont do it.

no one likes a quitter!
The only way to quit is to make up your mind and just do it. When you think about a cig then busy yourself. Find something to do. Put something in your mouth like a mint and think about something that can take you mind away from the pressures of the world. I just quit last September and its the hardest thing Ive ever had to give up. But its harder to watch someone you love die slowly of cancer. I did that as well...Good luck
PS think about how gross they are and the destruction they cause such as yellow teeth and stinky clothes. When you want a cig...smell an ash tray that helped me a great deal.
I was smoking a pack a day for 12 years, until last November. November 16th, 2006, the day I finally broke free from that open air prison that is smoking. Now I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and a spring in my step, I take time to smell the coffee and play with my kids. I don-t look forward to the next cigarette anymore, nor do I dread the lenghty meetings, airport waiting lounges, Tube rides, flights, family dinners. I do not feel the guilt and the feeling of worthlessness that every smoker feels, whether they-ll admit it or not. I have never felt so happy. I am a changed man.
Last summer, by chance, I came across Allen Carr-s EasyWay to Stop Smoking. It is just a book, an easy to read, simple book. You can read it in a couple of days. It is difficult to explain or to understand how is works, but it does work ( well it did for me and many others). The simple idea underpinning his method is that we (smokers and non-smokers) are actually brainwashed into thinking that it is extremely difficult to stop smoking. Any smoker thinking about stopping sees Mount Everest standing before them while it is actually easy to stop. Hence the name of the method.
Allen Carr devoted the second half of his life helping others quit, having been a heavy smoker himself for many years. He died in December last year, a couple of weeks after I quit. I deeply regret not being able to thank him, because I feel forever indebted to him. May God bless his soul.
Forget NRT, patches, chewing gums, inhalers and whatnot. It is all BULL*****. Just read Allen Carr-s book with an open mind and a true desire to stop. I might just change your life...
Try a couple of websites, one is click2quit. Whenever I have had the need to smoke, I play the games. Also taking up a hobby is good which possibly involves your hands!!!!!. I know you-ve probably heard all of this. But also biggest factor is you know when you want to stop and if you don-t it will not work.
hi.
take a felt tipped pen @ draw scars on your arm/leg @chest
as would be left by bypass surgery
good luck
keithl
www.quitsmokingclinic.co.nz try this m8 really easy and good!
hi there ive tried to quit many times like yourself ive tried tablets, going cold turkey, patches etc. i also get very angry quickly and feel i-m missing something.

Actually i have just quit today so ill let you know how im doing in a week.

My best advice is to day 1 try to quit wait till about 6pm then have a smoke then have another couple before you go to bed.

Day 2 first thing you should do is put a patch on it sends your head funny and make you feel like you don-t want 1.

thats how i feel atm.

I-ve been smoking for 9 years and about 27 months ago i quit for 9 months when my wife was preg.

Now she-s pregnant again.

Failing my advice above......

have a baby that will help you lol.

Good luck and if your asking this question u know you need to stop nobody can tell you what to do. And you do have the will power to stop don-t let anybody tell you any different.

Cigs are not needed all they do is kill you and others around you.

Oh and 1 more thing the feeling you get when you take a drag (the warmth in your lungs) Thats suffication!!!

Good luck and keep in touch!
I know the feeling and you are so not on your own! I have given up 2 days ago and I am extremely stressed at the moment! what makes it worse is that I work in a pub and going for a cigarette is the only way I get to have a break all night and Im just used to doing it! lol ... so dont give up giving up and Ill try and do the same ... just remember you are not the only one who is trying and failing everytime!
Quiting an old habit may not be an easy task. With determination, one can kill the most stubborn craving. Eleven years ago, when I announced to my friends at a party that I was having the last pint of Guinness Stout, even I did not believe that would be it. But here I am today. I have long forgotten what alcohol ever tasted like. Within the first year of quitting, whenever I was in the midst of my friends who were still enjoying their beer, I had the craving. But I was determined to quit. My answer was to find excuses to stay away from environments that gave me intense urge to return to beer. I toyed with making shandy drinks which provided alternative taste to that of beer. Finally, I got myself better occupied with doing quite many things, and being faced with virtually no idle time. These proved to be my magic. I am lucky that I have never had any taste of tobacco because my dad never liked it. But with my experience with beer, I know how really hard it may be for smokers to quit. But if my experience and method were anything to go by, I strongly recommend self-determination to anyone who wishes to quit. Unless you personally have the urge and the determination to quit, no amount of external help can ever help you to quit.
Hi.

With 1st of July coming up, I too am attempting to quit smoking. I have tried all sorts in the past without any luck. This time I am going to try Champix. It is quite new over here but I have read some good things about it.

It isn-t a nicotine substitute but it supresses your desire to smoke, and apparently makes cigarettes less enjoyable if you do ocassionally give in. I found them online at The Online Clinic - a uk online pharmacy. You will need to have a free online consultation first though as they are prescription only.

Good luck!
I have been a smoker and know how you feel as i was the same. it will last for about 3 weeks before you finaly stop getting bad tempered. Don-t give in and keep trying to quit. i did it and i smoked 20 or more a day for 11years. then decided to quit it was hard and i was stressed but i had everyone behind me. i kept myself busy doing jobs and playing with a small piece of plastic.
1. Think -I-m not giving up anything - I-m freeing myself from a dependancy-.
2. Buy some dehydrated prunes. When you think you want a cigarette, suck a prune till the flesh has rehydrated, then eat the flesh, then suck the stone. It really helps.
3. Drink plenty of water. You-ll need to pee a lot, but that-s good for you!
Good Luck!
i feel the only way is to do it with someone else. that way you can praise each other. when you think you are going to lose your temper, maybe go for a walk.
How should one quit smoking? -