I need to quit smoking? Who has the best way to quit out there? -

Thursday, August 15, 2019

I need to quit smoking? Who has the best way to quit out there? -


I have smoked for 16 years and seriously tried to quit 2 times. Once I quit for 29 days cold turkey then like a dummy started back up. Then just last year I did the vitamin C and cinnamon mouthwash thing and quit for like 2 or 3 days. I blame stress (I know big cop out) for my inability to quit. And I-ve done it so long I guess it is just a comfortable habit for me. I hate being a smoker and know if I don-t quit, I-ll never be as healthy as I want to be. So are there any successful quitters out there who would like to share their secrets? I would much appreciate any help I can get.

http://www.whyquit.com/

well i gave up in November and i had no choice as i was hospitalized and put into intensive care as my lungs just shut down.I smoked for many,,many years.I have never been so scared as i was in hospital and i nearly died.
When i came out of hospital i used the patches,it took some time,but you get advice from your Chemist and they help you and 13Quit is there 24hrs as well.Ring them any time.
No its not easy,but cold turkey is harder,why put yourself thru all that pain when you can have patches and do it rite.
I havent had a ciggie since and never will and i cant even stand the smell of it.Hell of a way to give it up eh?????????
Go for gold and have faith in yourself.Good luck.You can do it
I have tried quitting too! It takes practice just like anything else to quit smoking......I honestly believe cold turkey is the best way!
Heres what you do you go to all the places that sell cigarrettes and say never ever sell me cigarrettes..
if you really want to quite smoking. you will.
Throw out ur packet just now. Do not purchase. In future at the time of trouble purchase something tasty from the money which u were spending for cigarettes.
Try this, no gum, patches or weight gain, don-t even try stopping on your own, this is the ticket, I-ve never touched one since! Tell them Jackie sent you! 1-866-975-STOP(7867)
en Espa?ol

There is Good News For

Those Who Feel That They

Are Hopelessly Addicted to

Nicotine.


Express Tour If you have tried patches, nicotine gum, Zyban, Hypnosis, laser treatments, etc. and you are still smoking....
You are not alone.

There is a One Time Medical Treatment that can eliminate your urges and cravings for nicotine.

We can stop the withdrawal immediately and eliminate the torment of quitting smoking.

US Government Patent
A One Time Treatment
Behavioral Therapy
For The Physician
Accredited Clean Room
About Your Visit
Insurance / Charges
Appointments / Map
When Is A Good Time
Pfizer Vs Welplex
References
Clinical Studies
Contact Us
I smoked for several years. I tried to quit on my own but couldn-t, so I asked Jesus to take the urge away and Praise God, He did!
Go to
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/…
This will try to help you answer the question -Why do I smoke? Also try
http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quitas…

Next, make an appointment with your doctor to see what smoking cessation aid, if any, would help you. Last but not least go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nic…
this group has a tremendous amount of information and great support.

Good luck to you!
The best way to quit is the way you tried the first time: cold turkey! Nicotine leaves your system after five days. It may feel like the longest five days in the world, but once you do reach that goal... you-ll be happy and proud that you did it. I-m a smoker as well. And my -excuse- is because I-m stressed. You can also use a product called Commit. It-s a lozenge (I know I spelled that completely wrong) and they say it-s a really good product. If you have another friend who smokes and wants to quit, you have a support buddy. If you feel the urge to have a cig, you can call someone to help you stop that urge.

The best way to quit is to pick a day in which you want to stop, and mark your calendar each day you haven-t smoked. Destroy your cigs on that day so that you don-t get the urge to smoke. I wish you lots of luck. Take care!
When I quit smoking (2packs a day) I did it with a possitive attitude. When I felt the urge , I reminded myself of why I wanted to quit. Rather than moan b/c I had been 2 hours w/o a cig., I would praise myself for going 2 hours w/o one. Seven years later I still do not smoke, but once in a while I think about them. BUT NO_ONE could pay me to smoke now.
Don-t give up and GOOD LUCK
The best way is what u call slow withdrawal which means decrease the amount of cigarettes u smoke per day and go on decreasing with each passing day until one day u will get rid of it.
It is hard for me to explain to non smokers this, but I really like cigarettes.... People say they taste awful, but I think they taste good, I genuinely like smoking. However, I know that it is bad for you...liking them is just part of being a sinful human....you have to fight it. I just stopped altogether...it was hard but if you can go 29 days before, you can do it again...you are just stalling. I dont have to have a smoke, but every now and then I will allow myself one or two.....but I can control myself....not everyone is going to be that way.
There is no perfect remedy or solution or exercise which can help you give up smoking.

But giving up smoking is the easiest task, though it would be bit difficult for you coz you are a women.

Try This.....Let your brain tell your heart that it wont stop if you quit smoking.

Now it is upto you how stronger you prepare your brain to give that message to your heart. You can beat everything other than Death.....and there is no evidence that humans have died by quiting smoking.

you need to be rebel enough to your brains to do that, i am sure you can quit smokin by this moment....live life smoke free.....I love you for the attempts you are making to quit smoking.....you need to be real brave to do that.
I quit smoking two years ago and haven-t come back yet.

That was after countless efforts ranging from being strong and going a week or two without a cigarette to claiming to be trying to quit and lasting less than a day.

I know some people have had success with the patch or xyban or different aids, but for me Cold Turkey was the way to go, because other wise I would always find a reason to slip -just one more- back in. I had to draw the line and just say, -no matter what - no more.-

The big -secret- that finally helped me was that I made my -quit smoking plan- very public. I told all my friends and everyone at work that I was quitting. That way I felt bad if someone caught me with one, and people would encourage me. There were a few occassions when I would still slip up, and it took a couple weeks of mistepping every couple days before I finally made the two year run I-m on now but it came. I felt so guilty every time I got caught with a cigarette by someone I had told -I quit- to, that I held myself more accountable.

If you really want to quit smoking you can. It-s tough, one of the hardest things I-ve ever done. But it-s do-able. Just keep at it, and don-t lose faith if you do miss-step. Don-t let that one cigarette you go ahead and have on a bad day turn into a pack which turns into giving up on quitting. Be strong - and it-ll happen.

Good luck.
ok well simply try and decrease the amount of cigarettes that you have.. slowly slowly keep doing that until you smoke no more.. i know it is a long process but it does work because cold turkey does not work.. speaking from experience here..u crave it and then feel all sorts. so try this
also if u want a cig.. try chewing gum! or a carrot or something.. or someone... :P lol just kidding but take ur mind off it like that!
I was bedridden for months, sick for 1.75 years, and nearly died due to toxic mold exposure from a business office that I worked at. Didn-t even think about smoking, once it got severe(worked there for 9 mo-s). My vision would go blurry and nearly pass out, just from taking 2 drags.
The worse thing, is that I actually liked smoking, but don-t want to get addicted again by starting it back up.

Wouldn-t suggest this though. lol
Just think about your family members or dear ones. Think how much they are going to suffer if they loses you. because this smoking will only lead you to your death.
I personally feel this will help you to quit your smoking habit.
Good luck
my mum hasn-t been smoking for about 2 years now, she went to the doctors to ask how to stop and they gave her patches and mint chewing gum to help, if you go to your doctor he/she will give you patches and the gum and then you go back once a week for a month and then after a while you don-t need them, oh and umm, the bad bit is that your body has to get rid of the stuff that is already in your body, so you-ll be sick everyday until your body is rid of the stuff,
hope i helped :) bye and good luck
Move to Zimbabwe where it is diffucult, if not impossible to buy cigarettes. I-ve smoked since 1 April 1976 and when I saw the result of the price controls figured that cigarettes would be difficult to get started convincing myself that when this stash runs out that will be the end of it. I haven-t had a cigarette since 24 July, I know it is not that long, and have not missed them. Stress is a point of view, I don-t think more places on earth are more stressful than Zim, good luck and hang in there!
A Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- will tell you.
Just divert yourself with something else whenever you want to smoke. Or just try to get some extra sleep. Don-t sleep for less than seven hours or for more than ten hours at night. Don-t nap for more than two hours
I need to quit smoking? Who has the best way to quit out there? -