Why can some people quit smoking cold turkey but I cant? -

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Why can some people quit smoking cold turkey but I cant? -


As someone who has Quit smoking, and quit smoking and quit smoking again and still smoking. I think you might like to search for the Reason that you actually smoke!

Search for the cause of your smoking
Write a list of why you smoke.

Mine reasons are stress, bored, stress, job, stress, I like to smoke, stress, lack of sleep, and of course stress, Alas I have not been able to reduce the amount of stress.

That sort of list although true for me, is not defined enough, So answer yourself why; each stress, why no sleep, why boredom, why the hell do I like to smoke?

Deal with each item fully on your own list,

As you dissolve each reason off of the list you should then gain the ability and the inner strength to be able to quit smoking properly, if that is what you REALLY want.

OK, so I have failed to quit totally, but the above and with support from others (pref a support of likewise quitting people) you should find it easier to stop and STAY stopped.

Oh last point , totally ignore the anti smoker, and those that over push the point, or you will end up as using their anti-smoking grudge as a reason/right for you to continue to smoke. ( sigh)

Bottom line is; only YOU have the right and ability to stop smoking or not.

Good luck!!!
My sister and her husband both used zyban and it worked really well for both of them. They had tried unsuccessfully to quit many times. The Zyban took away the cravings and they have not smoked since.

Good luck!


Report Abuse



You need a motivation. When I quit a severe case of bronchitis made it easier. Then dread at getting sick again kept me from starting back. Think up a motivation for yourself.
Most people smoke tobacco. If you-ve been smoking turkey, I suggest you patent it.
Usually, stopping is very hard. You have to have a need and a backout plan--what ELSE can you do besides smoking? Think about when you smoke and WHAT is going through your mind besides MAN I NEED A CIGARETTTE! Smoking, in that mindset, discourages thought, wouldn-t you say?
The key to overcoming harmful addictions if to fill the soul with other things useful and healing.....
Some People try Harder than other.
Some People have an anti nicotine blockage and they can give up faster cause they dont feel the need any more.
everybody is different. it takes A LOT of will power to quit in the first place but to quit cold turkey takes a lot more...its a mind thing.
Some people have different motivations and level of will power. The fact that you want to quit and that you are trying is a great sign. Do not despair. Try not to compare yourself w/ other people. You are doing your best for what is right for you. Continue to fight smoking b/c you know it is vital for your continued health, as well as those around you. Do you have support from those arround you to quit? If not, try some other resources to help you win your battle.

To find local resources try:
1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669); TTY 1-800-332-8615.


This has some good tips, but the help line is in the UK...

http://www.ash.org.uk/html/factsheets/ht…


Here-s the US help line:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking/…


Some great links for you!

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking/…


p.s. Don-t give up! You CAN do it.
Everybody has different body chemistry, so what works for somebody might not work for somebody else. The withdrawl also affects different people in different ways. If you havn-t had good luck with cold turkie, then you should try another way (there are lots of very supportive communities online if you search around)... Or try again. Most people don-t manage to do it their first time.

Good luck!
I would gather that it coincides with your mental desire and that of your body. Most things in relation to human beings are 50/50, that is nature and nurture both play an equal role in us. So, it could be that you want to mentally, but your body is very much so addicted and you-re going to need an aid to quit, but I don-t know you that well, so perhaps you-re not mentally ready to give up cigarettes. I can quit smoking for weeks at a time, then I go back, then stop again. It-s a weird cycle, but I figure I-ll quit when I-m mentally ready, I know it-s not the physical addiction for me. Good-luck anyhow mate!
I really don-t know - husband quit cold turkey and it took me about 3 months to totally quit, it-s been 3/12 years now. Sometimes, I still want a cigarette but the craving goes away. I guess it doesn-t matter how you quit - just so you quit. Good Luck.
Will-power. I quit from one day to the other. I-m sure it depends on how much you smoke as well though. Whatever you do, I still believe it only works quitting cold turkey.
Quit during a weekend or vacation, no work stress. Go out and do something enjoyable, occupy your time. Play sports, the endoprhines will keep you happy.
Keep telling yourself that nothing is worth jeopardising your health and wasting your money like that.
Good luck
i read a study that says it is actually better if you smoke to smoke your normal amount a day but the next day smoke 1 less and than the next day 1 less than the day before until you are to 0
Try setting a quit date, ans keep a journal of when you craved your last cigarette, what you did instead of smoking and reflected on that, try sucking on Ice when you crave, or salt on your tongue will help too. Good Luck~ You can do this!!
Maybe you don-t want it bad enough. You can-t quit unless you truley want to.
Because you-re an inadequate and bad person.
Why can some people quit smoking cold turkey but I cant? -