Can someone give me personal advice on how to quit smoking? -

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Can someone give me personal advice on how to quit smoking? -


I really need to quit. I was able to quit for six years, the person I was in a relationship with wanted me to. Now, I am serious about another person who really wants me to quit for my own health. I know I have to do it for myself, so don-t bother with that shtick, its just HOW to do it for myself that is a problem. Any tips, websites, tricks, advice greatly apprieciated!!
go to american cancer web site. drink tons of water. avoid stimulant, caffeen and alcohol. exercise !
I smoked 3 packs/ day. the only way i quit and did not go back was to acknowledge that it-s a drug addition and a strong one.
don-t cut down, or do the patch. Just quit, peroid. there is not trick or easy way, you have to fight it and it is not easy. Do NOT underestimate that drug additction.
decide you are not a smoker and will not be.
You are in charge ( and you are). the drug will fight you, just remember YOU are in charge and do not give in. don-t get sucked into the - oh, I will get fat, - i will do it tomjorrow, i can-t do it. It-s the drug talking.
fight ! I had to fight minute to minute and it was tough, after 3 days only noticed slightly better. but, yes you can.
picture a big garage door slamming shut if you think of smoking slam that door every time.
keep that mind set up even after you quit. you have to de=program yourself but i have to tell you it is wonderful !
good luck
The things that helped me most were these.
1. Stop immediately, break and toss your last pack.
2. Keep a toothpick or cocktail straw on hand always. Holding a toothpick will satisfy the hand to mouth urge better than just chewing gum will. Whenever you feel the urge to smoke, chew on something.
3. Remember that the urge lasts 15 seconds and goes away. You may have that urge for years to come but if you can hold off for 15 seconds, you won-t need to smoke.
4. Take a look at your older friends or relatives who smoke. Ever notice how many more wrinkles they have? It-s true, smoking ruins your skin.
Why dont u just say no to the habit? Just stop and quit allowing ur money to go up in smoke? Sit down and hit the calculator in Xp and rejoice at how your savings will grow by the day/week in not burning EXPENSIVE cigarettes.
Hmmmmmm? Good luck I am with you on this, I know it is not easy. (nicotine is known to be more habit forming than cocaine.)
If you really want to quit then you can. You have to really put your mind to it and just say NO MORE!!! I quit cold turkey after smoking a pack and a half for over 30 years. The first week is the hardest. But just keep telling yourself you want to be healthy and chew gum, keep your self busy and you will be fine. GOOD LUCK!!!

Rose
you should really quit
if you have people you love you would stop for them i had people that i loved die because of lungs
if you have children you would really stop
your giving up your life of stupid death sticks
when my grandpa pasted away i was kinda mad because he wouldn-t stop after he knew that it was bad for him .
but now i have forgiven him.
don-t throw you life away on some stupid death stick
before you do it again think of the ones you love




i wish the best for you
thank you,

Sophia Ramirez
or
sophiaa77@yahoo.com
Can someone give me personal advice on how to quit smoking? -