Id like to quit smoking. Again! Any tips on what worked for you? ? -

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Id like to quit smoking. Again! Any tips on what worked for you? ? -


I quit for years when I found out I was having a baby but started back up. I quit for a little while with the patch. I may try that again. I just want to see what has worked for others. Please do not answer if you are currently smoking hahahhaha Thanks
I began smoking at the age of 15 and finally quit for good at the age of 57 (a year ago), when I was at a pack a day. Even tho- all the experts say you have to go cold turkey, I think that just increases the craving. This is how I did it. Every time I wanted a cigarette, I only smoked half of it. So, I immediately cut my intake in half. After a few weeks of doing that (gives your body time to adjust to less nicotine), I would only take about 4 puffs, put it out and save it for the next craving. After a few weeks of that, I went to 2 puffs, then one puff (where one cigarette could last me a day or two). My body gradually got used to doing without the nicotine and I got to a point where I said, -when this pack is done, I-m not buying anymore-. That was a year ago. Recently, I stayed with my son, who smokes, and took a drag off his cigarette. I didn-t like the taste and it hurt my throat. If I can do it, you can do it, because I loved smoking!!!
I am currently in my sixth attempt to quit smoking. Smoking is like alcoholism... once a smoker, always a smoker.

This time, I have been using the electronic cigarette. So far, it has been great. I am currently still smoking real cigs, but notice the closer I get to my quit date and the more and more I use my e-cig... the more and more the real thing tastes nasty. Almost metallic. I don-t find myself craving a cigarette because I can literally puff on my e-cig where ever I want.

I find that I am addicted to the action. So the e-cig seems to be working for me. The patch did for awhile, but even when the nic was out of my system... I just wanted to partake in the action of smoking.

There are even different strengths of nicotine so you can step down. You can also choose flavors. (vanilla is delicious) The e-cig is a smoking alternative, not a proven quit method. However, many have found that it works so if you are serious... go hang out at the e-cig forums and you will learn quite a bit.

I know you had asked for non-smokers and hopefully, by December 22nd I will be one... well... at least a non-traditional smoker for the time being. Good luck! You-ve done it before so you know you can do it again!
I basically switched habits. Now I get my nicotine fix and I get to enjoy the same action of smoking but I am not hurting myself or anyone else. With this, you use it just like a cigarette, it-s electronic, no smoke, ashes or smell, and it-s a water vapor you inhale that contains only nicotine none of the nasty stuff. You can use it anywhere and it-s so much better for you. For me it was an easy switch.
Id like to quit smoking. Again! Any tips on what worked for you? ? -