How to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

How to quit smoking? -


I-m 23 years old and have been a heavy smoker for almost 8 years now (one pack a day). I want to quit but don-t know how. Gums and nicotine patches don-t work :(
You-re right. Gums and patches don-t work. They can only help. YOU have to do the work and it isn-t easy.

I quit smoking in my mid-30-s after years of smoking 1-2 packs a day. Back then, there were no gums or patches (I-m nearly 70, now). I did it just by quiting and staying quit. It-s one of the hardest things I ever did, but I was determined. I made up my mind that I didn-t want to smoke anymore and I just quit. I was irritable, shouted at everyone, blamed who or what ever was in site for my bad mood. My children were ready to throw me out of the house.

I wish I could give you more help but, as I said before, this is something you just have to do on your own. Gums and patches may help, but they won-t make you quit. That-s up to you.
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
i smoked for 4 years same amount as you! I quit cold turkey. i met a guy who didnt smoke and my ex smoked alot too so being with this new guy helped because i wasnt tempted to through out the day. i dont know if alot of your friends do but the only time i smoke is lke once a month when im with a friend that does il have one or two lol..of course ill want more the next day but i dont rely on them anymore. also i gained alot of weight when i quit becausei ate when i felt a craving. not good lol but now i can excersise better
do a sport that you are good at or like. Running helped to motivate me to quit because I knew to run well you need good lungs, so I shouldnt- smoke. Worked well enough for me.
Perhaps joining a Quit Smoking Clinic might be an option.
How to quit smoking? -