How can i quit smoking? -

Friday, April 1, 2005

How can i quit smoking? -


i want to quit smoking my age is 35 yrs, i smoke 8 to 10 cigarette daily. can you give some tips to quit that habit
I quit smoking after getting some tips from a friend. I recently wrote an article at ehow on how to quit. You can check out the article here...

http://www.ehow.com/how_5713872_quit-smo…


It-s about breaking the habit before you quit, which makes it a lot easier on you when you do decide to quit. The tips that I got from my friend about breaking the habit is the only reason why I was so successful. I know that many people are trying to quit right now and I wanted to do my best to help. I hope that my article helps you to quit. Best of luck.
Through self hypnosis. That-s how I did it. and I smoked 2 packs daily for forty years.
Here-s how. In the moments just before going to sleep our consciousness is approximately on the same level as hypnosis. That-s why you hear hypnotists saying -sleep, sleep, sleep-. Begin the first night by repeating over and over again, -I want to be a non smoker, I want to be a non smoker, I want to be a non smoker..... over and over again until you fall asleep. After about a week or so you will wake up as I did and look at the ashtray and say -YUCK-. From that point on, at sleep time, say over and over again, -I am a non smoker-. Keep saying this for a month or so.
This is by far the best way to quit because there are no withdrawal symptoms normally associated with quitting.
You will need to continue at least once a week with the -I am a non smoker- mantra otherwise you run the risk of the hypnosis wearing away and you could be back to the same old smoking. I can remember the strange feeling when every once in a while the thought of -Hey, let-s have a smoke- would pop into my head and immediately another thought would pop up screaming, WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY, WE-RE NON SMOKERS-!!!!!!!!!!. If or when this happens it-s time to renew your -I am a non smoker- routine at bedtime. Try it. You-ll see. It works.
Oh yes, and all the while maintain a positive attitude and have faith that it works because it really does.
I am 40. It-s not that easy. And it-s also not that difficult. I myself had been smoking for about 17 years and quit more than two years ago. First thing is, you have to de condition your mind. That is whenever you have the urge Hold your hands together, take a deep breathe, that is inhale deeper and hold the breath or (breathe) for a few seconds, then exhale slowly. It will be really tough, but initially you have to struggle but when you follow this gradually you can overcome the desire to smoke. Also you have to avoid the smokers in the initial stages. Avoid going to the places where you usually smoke avoid such companies , Even then if you have urge decide to go to far off shop to get the cigar, walk further , walk further,. These are all in the initial stages. It took just 10 days for me to practice such things. But later on I never felt like smoking. But you should have a strong intention to quit smoking. At the initial stages you should strictly avoid smoking companies, places that tempt you etc. Practice those methods. lead a happy smoke free life. C.u. Bye.
Well, maybe I can scare you into it. If you don-t quit now, you-re going to look 50 by the time you-re 40. lol

You don-t smoke a lot so that-s good. For me the hardest part was the physical addiction. The habit in other words. I spent so much time smoking it was unbelievable. Here are a few things that helped me:

Hot tea - it has zero calories, it-s good for you, and you still get that hand to mouth motion
Excersise - I hit the gym for 2 hours a day when I quit. It kept my mind off smoking in a healthy way.
Blogging - I wrote down my struggles each night before bed. Sometimes during the day. I did it for a couple weeks. It helped me to identify when and why i had the worst cravings and that way I could avoid that situation next time.
Make a plan and a quit date.
Tell everyone before you quit. that way you will feel stupid and they will hold you accountable

Get Help! only 3% of people can quit cold turkey. Find a natural product too. If you start using the patch or the gum you-re just going to become addicted to that instead. I used smoke deter and really liked it but there-s plenty on the market. Here is a site that offers some reviews: www.firstproductreview.com
... hmmmmmm 8 to 10 a day. wow get a grip..
most people can-t stop immediately but start by only taking 4 to 5 a day then lower it slowly.. duh its gonna be hard... but if u wanna stop its UR problem so if u wanna look lik a monster by ur 40-s then keep on puffing that junk
i don-t believe in nicotine patches or pills because well.. they have chemicals in them just like the junk u smoke.
My Dear, if you are really trying to quit smoking then check my site www.stopsmoking.hpage.com
You will find your answer.
You can get some quick on how to quit smoking from this site.
Its good and I have also used it.
How can i quit smoking? -