How do I get my wife to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

How do I get my wife to quit smoking? -


My wife has these excrutiatingly gory episodes where she has slurred speech, dizzy, loses all coordination.

The diagnose is Complex Migrain and Bipolar. But I-m conviced that its a long term effect of too much smoking (she smokes a half pack a day). Shes probably getting cancer---shes had it checked last year---but I think its just a matter of time. This is just the beginning of the horrible effects.

I try to impress upon her how she needs to take care of this before its irreversible, if it isn-t already.

What can I do?
Get your doctor to make a fake test and tell her that she has it, she will stop and when she does yu can tell her the truth, she might hate you but it-s better than her dieing. =/
The smoking is not causing her problems. You cannot make someone quit if they don-t want to.
You need to stop playing doctor. Your wife has a serious medical condition and needs help for that condition. Her half-pack-a-day habit has nothing to do with her condition, and your pressure and worry are probably making things much worse.

No spouse can make a partner stop smoking, and trying to do so is a form of excessive control that I have seen lead to divorce.

The decision to stop is one that the individual must make.

Al-Anon-s principles can help you deal with having an addicted spouse.
The smoking has nothing to do with it.....especially at a mere half-pack a day. Regardless, you can-t get her to stop smoking. That is something she has to do herself, and only if she wants to.
Hi, I found this while searching the internet. Check it out

Hope it helps
lots of water with real lemon loads of green vegetables be patience go to www.whyquit.com if that don-t work please pray for her don-t give up good luck please go to this web site its free
Ask her if she wants to die earlier. Tell her its a bad habbit. But the best thing you can do is trogh out what ever she is smoking and tell the local store owners who sell the smoke, to not give it to her.
It sounds more like she-s alcoholic, or smoking some non-tobacco product. Unfortunately if she doesn-t want to help herself, there-s little you can do. 10 cigs a day shoudln-t cause the symptoms you describe in the first sentence. Something else is going on.
STOP COMPLAINING AND LOVE HER INSTEAD. SHE HAS ENUF PROBLEMS WITHOUT LISTENING TO YOU NAG HER. SHE WILL STOP WHEN SHE IS READY
How do I get my wife to quit smoking? -