What helped you to quit smoking? -

Friday, April 1, 2005

What helped you to quit smoking? -


My father is attempting to quit for the 9374343 time!
I-d like some insight on what helped other people!

Thanks.
I went from smoking ready made cigarettes to rolling my own with loose tobacco and filter paper as i heard loose tobacco contain a lesser amount of chemicals used to process the ready made ones.

Gradually I was weaned off them competely - no need for patches, gum etc. I think i got tired of rolling my own!

Lots of luck to your dad
Hi Steph
I was a 22 year smoker that worked at a factory that went smoke free. So I got a prescription for Chantix. Granted I have heard pros and cons about it. I started taking it on Christmas day and on the 8th day I smoked my last cig.
Caution : I started getting very irritable which I have found to be a side effect of Chantix. I quit using it on Jan. 13th and still [ after 2 months ] have not and do not want a cig. I hope this helps you to help your Dad. I am 44 and doing well !!
Seeing my skin start to change, the negative effects on my body were enough to keep me strong.
Consistent will power.
Strong reasons for quitting.
Supportive people who remind of those reasons.
Hypnosis. (also known as subconscious reprogramming)
An appropriate substitution for the times when smoking would occur habitually.
Prevention from being around smokers while they are smoking.
i quit by using commit lozengers and prayer. i bought the lozengers at walmart and walgreens. over the counter.

i smoked for 30 yrs.
What helped you to quit smoking? -