I NEED TO QUIT SMOKING HELP and PLEASE no smart alecks that dont care and sends crappy responses help help ? -

Monday, April 18, 2005

I NEED TO QUIT SMOKING HELP and PLEASE no smart alecks that dont care and sends crappy responses help help ? -


I have never smoked this much and it is starting to bother me sooo bad . Physically as well as mentally. Because of med I take the patch is a no-go. Any body been there? Please help. PLEASE
Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. As soon as I dealt with my psychological reasons for smoking I quit, first time and more importantly for good.

Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

Quitting smoking does not require any patches, gums, herbs or anything like that. These methods are expensive, time consuming and simply do not work. All that is required is a bit of motivation, self belief and determination.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking.

Good Luck and Good Quitting


Thank you so very much for your answer. Something just clicked when I read your response. It makes sense!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Terry


Report Abuse



It sounds like you are VERY motivated and that-s a great place to start! Since you mentioned the patch, have you looked at Wellbutrin (Zyban) or Chantix? Check with your Dr. about these. They are great alternatives to nicotine products (they contain no nicotine) - this might help you sort out some aids (http://www.quit-smoking-support-dr.com/QuitSmokingAids.html).

If meds are out, it-s really important to develop a plan that will work for you. For some, cold turkey works, others need more time (but not too much time!). Decide what-s best for you but setting a quit date is a great starting point. Then start brainstorming trigger situations (with friends, when (if) you drink, etc.) and substitute behaviors (deep breathing, go for a walk, eat a piece of hard candy, etc.). Having a plan can help you in difficult situations (http://www.quit-smoking-support-dr.com/SmokingTriggersPlanning.html).

Healthy regards!


Try hypnotherapy. You get 2 sessions and free one incase you re-lapse.ok, so it costs 300+, but you-re going to spend that on cigarettes over 2-3 months. And after 3 months, you won-t smoke again. I know coz my dad-s doind a hypnotherapy course. Its not magic voodoo, trust me!
Yes. You need to find someone to quit with you. My gf and i talked about it a lot and then she quit. A week later I did too. I crushed the remaining cigaretts and threw them away with the lighter. I haven-t picked it up again and never will.
. . . .the answer is within YOU. . . . . . . .


YOU can do it. . . .there are many options to choose from, many support groups, much online information. . . . .support Cold Turkey--Just DO it. . .
You should find a support group in your area. Or perhaps you may find a group in Meetup.com. Meetup is a website to network with people who share the same qualities and interests you do. Check it out!
You might be able to use nicorettes but your meds may preclude that. Some people chew on paperclips or toothpicks. Good luck anyway - I-m in the same position only I-m a heavy smoker.
suck on some hard candy whenever you get a craving
I NEED TO QUIT SMOKING HELP and PLEASE no smart alecks that dont care and sends crappy responses help help ? -