How long does it take to quit smoking? -

Thursday, April 14, 2005

How long does it take to quit smoking? -


After you have smoked for like 20-25 years
(Isn-t me!)
It takes 3 days to go through physical withdrawls. It takes much longer to get over the habit (could take years) That is the part where many people regress
I smoked from the time I was 25 until the time I was 47. I just decided to put them down - said -No more! No more! No more!- It took me 3 to 4 days to get the nicotine out of my system - another month to not think about them at all. I do suggest finding as much as possible to do, especially mentally, that forces you to think of anything BUT cigarettes and stay away from smoking areas. I realize out in front of some places, when someone lights up, it-s not always easy to do. However, it can be done .... just keep telling yourself it smells absolutely horrible - tastes equally so; not to mention how miserably horrible it is for your health.
It only takes a minute to quit, its staying there is the hard part. I quit cold turkey many years ago and it was the best thing that I have ever done for myself, it was also the hardest, but very well worth it. Just do it, move forward with your life and never look back. You can do it if you want to.
Honestly, the answer to this question is an innumerable number. It depends on the person, and it also depends on how much the person felt the need to smoke everyday. If they went through PACKS, then years. Many many years...This person-s cells may now actually crave the nicotine, like a person addicted to say, morphine. It-s hard to get over addictions.
Hope that helped.
Seems like FOREVER!!! I-ve tried many times to quit; the last time I quit for 3 months but I-m smoking again! I even tried the pills but they made me sick.
Depends on the person. My uncle quit cold turkey, and he hasn-t smoked for 2 or 3 years now.
not long ... the minute you are dead , you will stop
How long does it take to quit smoking? -