How much will quitting smoking help my anxiety disorder? -

Monday, April 18, 2005

How much will quitting smoking help my anxiety disorder? -


I read that smoking leads you to be 4x more likely to have an anxiety problem. If you quit how much will it help out your anxiety disorder?
It will help tremendously. I have anxiety so any type of stimulant makes it much worse. I used to smoke for 10 years, I quit this past January and it-s cut down on my anxiety attacks by A LOT!! I dont drink a lot of caffeine and I take a multivitamin for the vitamin B which helps with anxiety. I also cut down on the alcohol because that will make you feel crappier more then anything!
I have been in the hospital 3 times for anxiety attacks- they suck!!! well finally i decided to quit smoking, limit my caffiene, and it seems to help somewhat. now when i feel it coming on i try to calm myself and meditate it helps tremendously.
Impossible to say. It may make it better, may make it worse, may have no effect.
How much will quitting smoking help my anxiety disorder? -