Did you quit smoking without gaining weight? -

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Did you quit smoking without gaining weight? -


If so how did you do it? I really want to quit smoking more than ever. I have been smoking for about 9 years. I now smoke 20 a day.
I have tried the gum, inhalers and patches and they haven-t worked.
I have read the Allen Carr book and i think it is great and i now have more determination than ever to quit.....but i haven- t yet.
The problem is i am so fearful of putting on weight. I know that quitting is still healthier than putting on weight but it is so ingrained in my brain.
Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.
I did gain weight when I quit once, but I really substitued the cigarettes for m-m-s, etc, then when I ended up smoking again, the weight did not come off. You will not gain weight if you don-t go and eat handfuls of chocolate instead. I found that when I quit again and didn-t subsitute I did not gain any weight. But prepare with herbal no-calories teas, or similar, when you just have to have something.
I gave up smoking (after 41 years) nearly five months ago with the aid of patches and positive help from our practice nurse. I was truly serious about giving up and it hasn-t caused me the anguish I thought it would BUT weight gain is a problem. I-ve endeavoured to keep a close check on my food intake unfortunately to no avail. The nurse tells me to make sure I-ve quit the ciggies once and for all then concentrate on losing whatever weight I gained during the struggle.

I do wish I could be of more help to you but please do try to give up, you-ll be so pleased with yourself. Good luck.
i lost weight, i decided to join a gym and made a complete lifestyle change. im addicted to the gum lol and have the odd cigarette when out. You will feel amazing after a few weeks of stopping
Try and substitute smoking with exercise. You will feel a lot healthier and won-t put on any weight
Have you tryed Swedish Snus?.........i`ve not smoked for three months now on the stuff....and i had a 60 a day habit ?
I did,it-s hard but possible.Good luck
Yes, it is.
I switched to electronic cigarettes - worked like a charm!
Did you quit smoking without gaining weight? -