How long should I wait to lose weight after quitting smoking? -

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

How long should I wait to lose weight after quitting smoking? -


I quit smoking on April 2 of this year so I have a little over two months quit now. Just wondering if anyone out there has lost weight after quitting and if so how long did you wait to -diet- after becoming smoke free? I don-t want to start to cut back on food too soon and end up tempting myself into smoking. But I don-t want to use my quitting smoking as an excuse to eat like a hog forever either. Oh, I-m so freakin- confused!!! Any REAL answers would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Just start some exercise it will also help get your mind off smoking and help your health!
Eat healthily at same time but dont be hard on yourself cos you are exercising so you are burning off what you eat anyway!
Walking for half an hour a day will do it! I lost weight that way.
Good luck! You are doing well!
Oh - for me it took 2 days to get the flames to die down a bit and 2 weeks before I quit smokin ... my uncle was a little worst - drown in a whiskey vat and was creamated ... took 2 weeks to get the flames to die down and a day to quit smokin -

he lost weight right away though ...

peace;

Aintmyfault
Congratulations on quitting! Are your cravings gone? Or, are they at least tolerable now? If you-re thinking about trying to lose the weight you gained, go ahead and try now. I quit smoking over 3 years ago and miraculously did not gain any weight, because I did not view food as a substitute for cigarettes. So, when I craved a cigarette, I just dealt with the fact that I couldn-t have one, rather than tried to substitute something else for the smoke.

Just remember - it-s better to eat than to smoke! It-s probably still hard now, but it WILL get easier.
How long should I wait to lose weight after quitting smoking? -