Tell me your experience when u quit smoking? -

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tell me your experience when u quit smoking? -


i had to quit cuz my lungs said no. i had a really bad chest cold that lasted 4 days (over my birthday dang it) and i couldnt even take one puff the whole time, by the time the cold was gone i gagged everytime i lit pne up, so i said screw it and never picked up another, this was 2 and a half years ago and i smoked for about 11 years on and off before this,
If you quit smoking for a little while then smoke a cigarette it make you light headed at least for me. But you will start to feel better breathe easier. You will be able to notice the smell off a cigareet from a long ways away.
I smoked for 16 years. Last year my father passed away from cancer. It make me take a good hard look at my life. I am a single parent with a daughter. I realized that I have to do anything I can to be around for her.

I talked it over with my doctor who had put me on meds and everything else and nothing worked. I told him I was going to stop no matter what. He said drink plenty of water to flush my kidneys of the nicotine that your kidneys hold and slowly release so you need more smokes. It was pretty much hell but after the third day I have not looked back.

If you are stopping or know someone who is good luck. It is not easy but it sure is worth it. I used to walk up stairs and then stand there trying to catch my breath...now I run up stairs. Another incentive is I think back over the past 8 months and think how much MONEY I have saved$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good luck.
quitting sucks.............not much else to say about it .........feel 100% better once i quit though
My biggest thing was to learn to not get aggravated and angry, because I knew that would be my trigger.

I hate to run, but anytime i had a craving or got angry or annoyed I would make myself run/jog/sprint as far as I could.


So not only did I quit smoking I lost weight too.
This is not realistic for a lot of people, luckily I managed to quit at 22 (pack a day smoker 5 years, smoking for 10)

My only advice to anyone is, you simply can not quit for anyone other than yourself, so until you are ready in your head and want to- dont try because it only gets harder with each failure.
Tell me your experience when u quit smoking? -