Quit Smoking? -

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Quit Smoking? -


What is the best way to quit smoking I am 20 and I-ve been smoking for 6 years I know I started early nasty habit. I-m ready to quit I think. What are some ways cold turkey does not help!
Nicorette is a big help as you can then give up gradually and here is one excellent and free resource for giving up
http://whyquit.com/
pass this link along if you can, these people won-t even take donation so that-s the least we can do.
Hi,
Try this site GD LUCK ! http://www.tinyurl.com/2lwuz3

QuitS moking Right Now !


Report Abuse



Cold turkey is a tough way to do it, but works for many people. There are other methods that work, some better than others.

Some of the most widely publicized methods are patches, gum, nasal sprays and prescription drugs. Although none of these methods deal with the psychological addiction which is much stronger than the physical addiction. (Within 72 hours after your last smoke, nicotine is out of your system and your body is actively adapting)

Then you have Hypnosis, Cognitive behavioural therapy, counseling and other similar methods that help you deal with the psychological addiction. While these don-t deal with the physical addiction, they do teach you how to cope with cravings, withdrawal, and other common issues.
I smoked a pack a day for over 17 years. That is over 120,000 cigarettes. I quit cold turkey 2 1/2 years ago. I pray to god every day that I quit in time. Lung cancer is a certain death, a painful death, a death so painful that it will comfort you to know you will die quickly. Emphysema is a certain death, a slow miserable death. Ever inhale water in the swimming pool? Get choked on water? Imagine that feeling every moment of every day and night for the last year or two of your life. There is no cure for lung cancer or emphysema. You get it, you will die. Smoking causes both of these. Think about your death and how you would like fo itr to be each time you light up. You may be only one cigarette away from setting it in motion.
Quitting is not easy. Look for something that works for you. But do quit.
Well, first of all you stink and your teeth are beComing more and more yellow. wrinkles Are creepiNg but you just Can’t seE them with all that smoke in youR face. You are a slave to cigarettes; a little stick of CANCER, and if you keep letting it dictate your will and your control you will not even be able to run away from it because you’ll be too out of breath. Eventually, you may want children; I think you know all that that involves... I smoked for many many years. On January 29th 2004 I quit Cold turkey After my luNg Collapsed, I was 31 yEaRs old. I had to have a tube hanging out of my freaking lung for a while so that air could be blown back into my lung. And my doctor told me I have emphezema. SOOOOOOO, you are 20 y.o. and already talking of quitting, don’t make it long before you just deal with quitting. Once that 1st week is done, you’ll be so proud and the worst will be done. Take it one minute at a time, or one hour, or whatever, but do what works. Play with it, make a game out of it. Replace it with exciting stuff. Reward yourself when you skip one or a whole bunch. Pray for strength. Know that you can and you will do it and know how proud you’ll be. And quite honestly, I truly thought it would be really hard and I’d get sick cravings, but neither are true. It’s just to start stopping that is scarry...Just Breathe
you should consult a doctor whenever you feel the urge to smoke take a choclate take something in your hand think about all the bad affects of smoking decide wether life is more inportant or smoking take a walk in the park in the evening or morning specially inhale fresh air .
I used this site when I quit and it helped me out big time. Lots of good info, support, ideas, ways to quit, what to expect, etc. Its free too which helps!

Take a good half hour to poke around the site.


http://www.quitnet.com


Good luck!
Quit Smoking? -