Has anyone managed to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Has anyone managed to quit smoking? -


have you managed to quit without using patches,gum etc? I have tried patches but cant use the stronger ones as they give me migraine the lower ones are not really strong enough,the gum tastes foul.im thinking of going cold turkey AGAIN! has anyone any tips?
I went cold turkey about six years ago. I had some mild panick attacks for about a year, however i am not sure if that was related or if other situations were driving that. But it is HARD!!!!! to quit smoking you really have to want to. Watch your snacking too because you could gain some weight weather you want to or not. For the most part i am over smoking but every once in a while i will crave one for about 30 sec. then its gone. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
I promised my wife I would quit smoking cigs. I quit on dec 3,2006. Its hard but not impossible.
I quit cold turkey - it was tough but just talk to yourself. I imagined the consequences if i didn-t quit. GOOD LUCK
My finace quit when he found out i was pregnant, mainly becausei made him, it was either that of a life time of nagging Lol
Gl and i have faith you can do it ! Xxx
Cold turkey is the best way because as long as you keep pumping nicotine into your body it will still want it and proplong the craving, I tried the patches and the lozenges but the one that worked was cold turkey I smoked for 12 yrs and quit cold turkey the first week really sux you cant concentrate, grumpy, hungry, cravings are insane, and you dont know what to do in certain situations, such as driving, but get some jolly ranchers and some coffee stiring straws get the jolly rancher to suck on and the straw to chew the hell out of, also work out do cardio get the natural endporphines pumping. Its kinda cool when your heart rate drops when you are just sitting around, you can walk up the steps without gettng light headed at the top and you wake up in the morning not hacking up anything or freaking out cause you dont have any smokes. It took me a few times to quit like anyone I imagine, but I finally just got sick of feeling, smelling, and coughing up crap. And you will find that after a couple of weeks you will be turned off by being around smoke or at least I did. Anyway good luck in your endeavor.
Yep - I used Wellbutrin (Zyban) to quit with the patch, and actually came off of both 6 weeks early. Worked really well for me. Plus, there-s a new stop smoking med called Chantix that might help - my parents both used that, and they-ve been smoke free for 3 months now (after about 35-40 years of smoking, so that-s pretty darned good).
just go cold turkey, it-s the best way.
simple choice, quit or die
my wife and I
both did it as well as my son............so can you ..good luck
I have quit - hundreds of times. Most recently - December 31, 2006. I take a prescription called Chantix. So far - it is doing good. Lots of mints, but no cravings.
Start a mantra everytime you reach for a smoke. -I-ll die if I smoke this- or -I-ll go blind if I smoke this-......make up your own, and repeat it everytime, -I-ll get wrinkles- or -I-ll stain my teeth-
21 years ago.
will power.if your really want to quit you will .but if not keep smoking,smoke one for me too.6 months without a smoke and i feel good.
I quit cold turkey. Occasionally I miss it but I -ve given my self other goals that provide an incentive not to smoke. Start working out, go running. Doing other things to improve your health will make smoking less and less desirable as you see the drastic difference in how you feel. Good luck.
Realize that smoking not only is bad for you, it tastes bad and smells bad. It can also kill you. DEAD. that should be motivation enough.
I stopped at 3 in the afternoon and went to bed at 8 pm.

Prepare a pile of baby carrots and celery sticks in the fridge.
When the urge comes, suck on one.

Good lluck! I did it!
My husband stopped smoking 12 months ago. I am so proud of him because I know its hard to stop. Guilt got him to stop..he went cold turkey..for about 3 weeks he was soooooo grumpy but after that hurdle things got alot easier for him. The guilt was me..he began to smoke more and more until he was up to a pack to a pack and a half a day. When he came home from work the smell was triggering massive headaches in me and I finally told him I couldn-t take it anymore. He felt so guilty about it he just quit! Now I know that wouldn-t work for most people but you really have to find your motivation. What would motivate you to stop? Hope this advice helps. and Good Luck!!
Has anyone managed to quit smoking? -