Has anyone used Chantix (varenicline tartrate) to quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Has anyone used Chantix (varenicline tartrate) to quit smoking? -


Did it work?
Did you experience any of the side effects -In clinical trials, the most common adverse effects of Chantix were nausea, headache, vomiting, flatulence (gas), insomnia, abnormal dreams, and dysgeusia (change in taste perception), according to the FDA.-
How long did side effects last?
Would you recommend the use of Chantix to other smokers?
Yes, it worked. Yes, there are side effects, nausea and vivid dreams being the most common ones. I did have a couple more, but I quit, and it-s been 7 weeks that I am smokefree and 5 weeks since I stopped taking Chantix.

I blogged about my whole experience here:
http://onchantix.com/blog/stan


There are also links to many other people who blogged about their experience quitting smoking using Chantix:
http://onchantix.com/weblinks


I hope this helps!
Hi!
You can read here

http://www.rxmedspharma.com/ch…



Report Abuse



very vivid dreams,- insomia IT DOES WORK 105 DAYS WITHOUT A CIG :D


Report Abuse



Yes. I used it to quit after 35 yars of smoking and it worked. Nothing else really matters now does it?

I started a yahoo group when I quit (over 7 months ago) with extensive files, links, news etc. attached that can answer ANY question you might have about smoking and quitting. Feel free to have a look and...Hang in there.......R


http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sta…

I had zero side effects and stopped smoking after the 5th dose, although I continued to take it for 30 days just to be on the safe side and get the nicotine out of my body. It really is a miracle drug!
Chantix is an excellent way to quit smoking with few side effects. For more Chantix information, please click the following link:
http://www.121doc.com/champix.html?a_aid…

I am currently using Chantix, and have been quit for 8 weeks today! I had severe exhaustion, which was alleviated when I cut the dose back. I got nauseous if I took my morning pill without food. I get headaches if I don-t drink enough water. I was very gassy, but that has gotten better. The dreams have been fabulous, thanks for asking! Overall, the side effects have been mild, especially because this drug REALLY WORKS and I have been able to quit smoking while not trying to strangle anyone. I absopossilutely would, and have, recommend this drug to smokers.
I stopped smoking without using anything, it was tough to quit, with 3 other people smoking in my home while I was quiting. It-s been over 2 yrs now since I quit and I haven-t smoked a time since I quit!
I have been on this medication for 25 days now. I haven-t smoked yet. It isn-t as easy as they make it out to be; in fact I still want to smoke at times.

The side effects are strong, but I guess after smoking for 20 years they should be. The sleeping dreams and not sleeping are the worst. I eat all of the time.

After the two weeks - I started to want to move around like I use to. Before, that I was out of it and wondered if this was worth it.

The drug has a daily check in service. However, it doesn-t allow for questions and the answers are specific to your case. They keep sending you to the doctor for advice.. Who can afford that?

A word of caution.. When I cut my dose in half I feel better and don-t want to smoke. However, the makers of Chantix want you to keep taking the pills and paying out the money.

I am not sure that if I quite taking the pills I would feel better anyway.

Good luck
I used it and it worked beautifully!
I had no side effects and stopped smoking by about week 3. I have been smoke free since...about 8 months now...and would definately recommend it to others.

Good luck!
I experienced no side-effects. I quit with that med., and patches. I won-t say it was a breeze, but it wasn-t that bad either.

Peace
Has anyone used Chantix (varenicline tartrate) to quit smoking? -