What is the best product to use to quit smoking? -

Thursday, November 15, 2007

What is the best product to use to quit smoking? -


gum, patch, or anything else, and why is it the best. any sources are bonus points, and thumbs up or ya! most sources and best explanation gets best answer
You are your best product. I smoked for 15 years before i quit. It takes a made up mind. You can use patches and all that other money taking junk. But it still takes a made up mind. Do like i did, Skip the patches and gum and make up you mind that this is what you want to do and do it. Once you do that you will break the habit forever.
Sorry to say that nothing is going to work unless you really want to stop. Don-t waste your money on any of it unless you are really ready. It-s hard - been there, but the end results are worth it. What works for one person doesn-t necessarily work for another. I started by putting my cigarettes in an inconvenient place. Would be surprised how many you can do without if they are not within reach. I quit when they were less than $1 a pack - think of how much money you will be saving. Think of what you could buy yourself if you have that extra money. It-s really a mind game. Good Luck and wait until you have stopped and realize how much it stinks! Don-t Give Up .........
I quit in an oddball way. I kept whole cloves and dried orange peel around me at all times, as well as in my purse. Just the act of having something in my mouth to fiddle with cured me. The added bonus was that I smelled good!

Whole cloves and dried orange peel can be found in the spice section of the supermarket.
Water. Every time you feel like having a cigarette, have some water instead. Most people don-t drink enough water and if you fill up, it may help suppress an increase in appetite.
Nicotine substitutes are rubbish and just prolong your cravings; after about three days of cold turkey, you will start to feel better.
So far Chantax is the best thing I have heard of. I have been taking it for a week and a half and haven-t completely quit as of yet but hope to soon. What it does is stop the pleasure receptor in your brain from enjoying the nicotine. It is kinda costly (about $110 a month supply) but it cost less than smoking forever. Good luck!!
You might perhaps find it in a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking-.
Chantix -see your doc.
What is the best product to use to quit smoking? -