Im trying to quit smoking any good tips? -

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Im trying to quit smoking any good tips? -


I need some help trying to kick the habit., Help a Brotha out.
Make it hard to smoke. Only allow yourself to smoke outside (in cold climates in winter it isn-t pleasant).
Keep your hands busy doing other things. Hold on to a pencil etc. Go on the computer...play games
Chew a lot of gum and/or suck on hard candies
Many people are having lots of luck with the new drug chandrix or something (check with your Dr. I didn-t use meds to stop)

Good luck...I feel so much better since I quit.
Keep busy. It will help keep your mind off of it, and in keeping busy and keeping your mind off of it, Change up your routine as much as possible, especially at places/times that you would normally smoke.
What kind of moron would start the habit to begin with? Im just kidding. Go to an expert don-t leave such a serious life or death questions to these morons on the internet. Go to a shrink or a twelve step support group.
well i dont smoke, but my dad did, from when he was like 17 to when he was like 30, and he quit by starting a new habbit [not always good] he chews gum, regular gum, ANY gum. and he might have a CIGAR once or twice a year. so... thats how he stopped, but he chews gum like crazy so .... yup

[ps: Its really cool, thats you are trying to stop! Good 4 u]
hope this helps
Three words; Chantix, Chantix, Chantix! I smoked for over 25 years; and I mean smoked. Up to two packs a day of Marlboro Reds. I quit for good in May; best thing I have ever done! I tried other things like the patch, and gum, but never actually quit. If you are ready to throw the smokes to the side, ask your Dr about Chantix. P.S. I do not work for, nor do I know anybody that works for Cantix...It just worked for me!
Break all you smoking habits. stop smoking on the way to work. after that stop smoking with you coffee. etc. you-ll quit.
ohh i recently quit to and i think its good that your quiting
i wasn-t as addicted as most people...so for me i just stopped making cigarettes readily available to me (ehh i basically just stopped buying them and told my brother to hide my money D:)

and then i took up another habit (chewing gum) so that i would sort of get my mind of smoking


one of the hardest things to get over is the nicotine addiction so maybe nicotine patches or something else would help with that if you are having trouble getting over that
Im trying to quit smoking any good tips? -