How did you quit smoking? How long did you smoke? How long have you been quit? -

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

How did you quit smoking? How long did you smoke? How long have you been quit? -


I quit smoking right after spending a month in the hospital near death and discovering that I now have COPD.(A lung disease that never will improve only get worse) I spent over 40 years smoking and telling myself it would happen to every one but me. I now can no longer leave my house for periods longer than 3 to 4 hours unless I can carry extra Oxygen bottles . I am on Oxygen 24/7 for the rest of my shortened life. I quit back in December of 2004 . I only quit because I was in the hospital and didn-t have access to cigarettes at the time. I used the patch for 6 weeks and it helps a little but to this day there isn-t one hour that goes by that I don-t think about having a cigarette. Now you tell me -- Do you think nicotine controls your life ??
i needed to prepare myself to stifle the urges once i had decided to stop smoking (pack a day for 18 years)... and i was successful. cold turkey worked for me... and the following to help stem urges...
1.made sure there were lots of lemon juice (no sugar) in the fridge when i-m home
2.stopped drinking coffee/tea/sweet canned drinks
3.drank fruit juices (no sugar) during work hours / lunch/dinner times
4.walked/jogged in the early evenings
5.stopped going to places where people liked to smoke
6.3rd year now without cigarettes... feels really good because i don-t need it anymore!
I can-t quit
Been smoking for the past 9 years
N/A
smoking is the sickest thing ever
I quit smoking before I started. made it easier on my lungs. I have been quit for 38 years...
cold turkey works best. that-s how my friends quit.
i smoked for a good 7 years and when i quit i did quit cold turkey. when i wanted a cigarette i would get a lollipop or chew on a mint.and i figuered i went this long without a cigarette if i would do it again all the suffering i did would be for nothing.and u got you got think about all the bad stuff in cigarettes.i-ve been smoke free for 4 years. if i can do it anyone can.
Never smoked.. so never quit!
i have never done it before
How did you quit smoking? How long did you smoke? How long have you been quit? -