Patches to halp you quit smoking? -

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Patches to halp you quit smoking? -


Has anyone tried this? Did it work, or did it help at all?

How long and how much had you been smoking before quitting?
Yes...it absolutely did for me. The patch helped quell the nervousness and agitation normally felt when trying to quit cold turkey. The key is to find the right patch for you, as there are stronger patches for those who smoke heavily/moderately and a type for those who are light smokers. Also, cutting down a bit on your smoking before you decide to quit with the patch helps make it easier. ( Just make sure you don-t smoke with it on, it can be dangerous.) Sleeping with the patch is OK, but I had some very vivid, intense dreams doing this. Finally, being really motivated to quit will help immensely. If you do your part, it will do its part.
I tried it, had an allergy to the glue

Didn-t work for me
my husband tried this and it made him very ill he was having a constant Nikki rush i did it cold turkey i was smoking 40 a day that was 10 years ago good luck
Yes, it helps. I have smoked for ten years(2pks/day). It can irritate your skin though. I only quit for 2 months, but it did work. I even took a psy. experiment in college, and the control group(patch people) did much better than the placebo group.
a friend of mine used them but still smoked anyway, but he cut down how much he smokes.
I quit using the patch after 30 years of smoking...it took about 3 months, that was 5 years ago!
Patches to halp you quit smoking? -