What is a successful way to quit smoking.? -

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What is a successful way to quit smoking.? -


Quitting cold turkey did not work for me. The patch did not work either. Nicorette gum worked for 2 months.
I don-t feel that I can quit on my own. I am looking for support groups in the Toronto area. Do you know of any.
Have you tried that medication that reduces cravings? Worked for my brother
buy a pack, smoke one, and throw the rest of the pack away. it-s worked for many people. trust me.
I don-t and have similar things....

I find that to quit you need 2 things

1. You want to quit

2. The reason for quitting is higher than the need for smoking

for me, I smoke, and when I fing the reason for quitting I will let you know. Almost had it but it wasn-t strong enough reason

good luck from across the pond
I-ve heard you can try hypnosis, i tried that gum too and i hated it, patches itch, you could try a nicotine inhaler ( it looks like a pen), they also do lozenges and they-ve started doing some pill ( its called zioban or something-ask a doctor) that you injest and it makes you throw up if you have a smoke. They say drink water or orange juice when you have a craving, you could try getting a jump rope or some stress balls. In the end i think it-s how much you want to quit, but then I know that-s easier said than done ( It was definitely the hardest thing i ever did). Good luck Megatron, to all are one.
What is a successful way to quit smoking.? -