How do I get my mom To quit Smoking???? -

Thursday, March 6, 2008

How do I get my mom To quit Smoking???? -


PLEASE READ:

I have been trying to get my mom to quit smoking for a while now and she just wont quit. I know its hard but i really want her to stay healthy And Im not asking for nicotine for the answer and im serious about this. I want my mom to stay healthy.
Thanks
Don-t shame her and nag - offer suggestions. Tell her to think of it as a bad habit that-s affecting you both and habits can be changed, then suggest ways to look at the possibilities of this change.

She wont die or have a heart attack or lose a limb or go into respiratory arrest or suddenly grow out of control cancer cells - if she quits. But she has 50% more chance of these effects if she continues smoking.

And maybe, maybe not, some miserable temporary quitting symptoms, but always bearable and the absolute relief to be free of that hassle is worth it.

She can get her instant gratification a heap of other ways - that-s what you can suggest and support her with. When she knows she is not alone and that you will work at this together, then fobbing you off with excuses is not fair, to herself and you.
Keep talking to her, tell her you will help all the way.

You can be sure she wants to quit somewhere in her mind, but she-s scared - scared to lose her comfort friend, and scared it will be painful, and scared she will fail - so maybe try and talk to her about all these things and tell her that it-s ok if that happens, but it-s worth it for her future self-esteem, health and happiness, and for you and future kids.

There-s a lot of help and ideas at
http://www.quitguide.com/help-someone-qu…

Keep stressing on the fact that you care and love her, and don-t want her to smoke. Explain to her the effects, and that you don-t want her to pass away anytime soon because of lung cancer and so forth.. That you want her to be there to see her first grandchild. Keep persisting.

Good luck.. I hope everything works out for you.
Hi, I was a 2 pack a day smoker for about 10 years, I started when I was very, very young. Around 14, nothing ever worked for me, including acupuncture. What DID work for me was an interesting program that helps kill the addiction in your brain. (I don-t understand HOW it works I just know it DOES work)

It also helped both of my brothers and my mom to stop smoking, oh, and it works in just one day.

You can read about my story here http://stop-cigarettes-cold.com/
How do I get my mom To quit Smoking???? -