I quit smoking over a year ago and have been sick since - is this normal? -

Friday, March 14, 2008

I quit smoking over a year ago and have been sick since - is this normal? -


I am 28 and was a smoker for 15 years - I quit just over a year ago and I have had headaches ever since - I never got headaches before I quit smoking...and now I am also starting to have panic/anxiety attacks and some dizziness...is this normal?

Thanks
Congratulations on quitting!! The chemicals in cigarettes are so toxic and highly addictive that having withdrawals for this long is not surprising. I would suggest that you try to incorporate some relaxation techniques in to your life. A daily routine of perhaps a short walk, ten minutes of stretching/yoga, meditation. I know it sounds corny but the stuff works. Of course a visit to a doctor would be a good thing for you to do. He will probably tell you the same thing and try to prescribe you an anti-anxiety med. The headaches and panic attacks are all stress related. Now that you are smoke free you-re body needs a new way to relieve stress. One that won-t kill. :-) Stay strong and feel proud that you quit!
the same thing happened to me so as it were im still smoking
consult a doctor, the reason does not look ok
I quit smoking over a year ago and have been sick since - is this normal? -