Can any one help me to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can any one help me to quit smoking? -


I started smoking when i was on grade 8 now i am in college and i am still smoking, but now i want it quit smoking but don know how to.....can any one help me plzzzzzzz
I quit this year in February. There is no easy way but the way I did was easier than the tries before. I am 50 years old and had smoked for 36 years , 2 to 3 packs a day. I used chantix. I picked a quit date like 3 or 4 weeks in advance. I told everyone at my work my quit date so I would have support.; I went to the health food store..bought vitamins...for stress. vitamin b especially. I bought hard candies, gum, sport water bottles of water..(i think that helped with the sucking..it was something i put in my mouth and sucked on and the water helps flush the toxins out. Two weeks before my quit date I started taking the chantix. they suggest one week but I did two because i was so addicted. about a week before i quit i started with the vitamins...on quit date do it at a time when you aren-t as stessed.. i did mine on the weekend because I don-t work on the weekend. good luck...on any way you do it.. I-ve tried accupuncture which i think does help...patches..gum, hypnosis..but this is what worked for me...support group is important...
One of my dear friends husband was a smoker...like you he started really young......we all really urged him to quit it but he just would not....last year he had an asthama attack...the doc have said that this all occured due to smoking....now becuase of this he has damage dhis lungs...is on astama mediction all the time...n also has to ocntrol his diet etc.....finally he is recoverign well....and Is not smoking any more....

As soemone who has seen a friend do thru this...bad addiction....please realize this now than later....you will hurt more people than yourself if you dotn quit.

Good Luck!
Don-t buy champix or chantix. I started feeling weird the day I started it, three days later I attempted suicide out of the blue. Stay very very far away from this drug. Google chantix and suicide or go to the fda website. It is under investigation for suicide link since Nov. 20th and they have received over 5000 complaints already. Please Please do NOT take this drug!!!!!!!!
Go see a doctor. There are plenty of good medications available to help you stop.
Once you know how much less you could pay for your health insurance, you-ll quit!
Ok stop smoking right now you f ing idiot do you know what your putting in your lungs why dont you just suck on a tailpipe


hope this helped good luck
Well dear i know your pain..I-ve tryed patches etc etc.But some1 told me the best way to give up smoking is 2 smoke like a full box in a row like 15-20 then u will feel sick and throw up.that will put u off them for life.Either that or cut off your two hands lol..Hope u can do it..All the best of luck!!-!!
ask your docter about the new one thats out its a tiny magnet just on your ear it actually stops ALL cravings
my dad smoked for more than 20 years like 1 and 1/2 boxes a day.. so on his birthday we bought him this book that stops him from smoking.. after reading it he did not smoke even 1 cigarette.. it was like magic!!
try searching on yahoo - books to quit smoking -
and maybe it would help you!
you need proffesional help,
its a tough habit to break, i don-t have any other advice but to use those smoke pills and stuff
in 8th grade??? shame, shame.......nah. j/k.

well, i live in hawaii and we have this thing call the Hawaii Tobacco Quit Line. When you call this number, there are people who will help you on how to stop. the number is 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
cold turkey most people dont do it this way but it shows ur true will power to quite
Hello Cool,


My wife smoked for over 10 years and when she found out that she was pregnant with our now newborn 3 months old daughter, she had promised me that if I found a good solution for quitting, she will try her best to kick the habit.

Well in my spare time I started researching online for quit smoking programs, meanwhile she was trying out patches and gums that you can buy at grocery stores and adventually they would not work for her.

After about a week of researching I had stumbled over a website that really impressed me on what they had to offer and that they actually say that they can almost guarantee your success, and most importantly that you can try it out for free.

The company has been around for over 20 years now and they have helped over a million smokers quit since and their kit has everything that you possibly need to help you quit smoking, I thought WoW that is impressive.

I went ahead and ordered the free trial for my wife (only paid for shipping) and she has quit smoking in just two weeks and she doesn-t want to hear about or smell another cigarette again in her life :)

Now it is up to you, but since my wife has quit, I was so happy about her success, so much so that I had built a small review site of the product to also help other people quit, you can check it out at;
http://endthehabitnow.com
if you want to find out more.

P.S. Also available for Canada.

Thanks for reading my short story, I hope it helps, good luck and stay healthy.
Can any one help me to quit smoking? -