How do I quit smoking pot? -

Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I quit smoking pot? -


I need to quit smoking for my job, for my health, and mostly for my mental self. I know it-s best if I can stop or at least cut down. How do I quit smoking if all my friends do it, I love doing it, and I can-t sleep at night when I don-t?
I agree with the first answerer who suggested a slow reduction; perhaps you could reduce the frequency and/or amount you smoke gradually instead of going cold turkey.

I-d say you also need to avoid your friends when they-re smoking. If you feel comfortable talking to them about your desire to quit, they might become a support system. If you don-t feel comfortable or they don-t accept your decision, you still need to avoid them when they smoke. Being around secondhand smoke when you-re trying to cut back would eliminate any gains you make in reducing your amount.

As for sleeping, perhaps another pre-bedtime ritual could help. It might be not purely the affect of the pot that helps you sleep, but also the -ritual- of doing that every night before bed. So if you substitute with another ritual, say an elaborate tea break or snack, that might eventually help your mind to adapt to not smoking.
After smoking two packs a day for 17 years, the only way I could quit was to throw the Cigs out the window on my way home from work. I played a game with myself to see if I could go 12 hours, and in the morning another 12 hours, then 24 hours etc. After about a week, i could easily quite and not have the cravings.

I understand your plight, I though I would be a misfit with my friends and I thought I really enjoyed it.

Now after 6 years, you could not pay me to smoke another Cig.
man to quit smoking pot you have to REALLY want to quit. i think you can start off by cutting back to half the amount you would usually smoke in one day. and every once in a while you can hang out with other people that don-t smoke pot. maybe find another activity you like sports? a gf/bf? then you can gradually pull yourself away from it.
I-d say just try to ween yourself off of it. I don-t know how much of a tolerance you have but try to keep it to like one bowl before bed. If you can do that and sleep then go as slow as you want and gradually try skipping days or taking less and less hits. good luck with it i know it must be hard.
your gonna just have to tell your friends no. there is no easy way so if you want this job you are gonna need to man up and say no otherwise if you cave once in a while that job is gone and as far as sleeping watch boring tv shows lol that helps me sleep and just try to go to bed early and relax
How do I quit smoking pot? -