I need to quit smoking soon and I was thinking of chewing the gum?? -

Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need to quit smoking soon and I was thinking of chewing the gum?? -


but someone told me it tastes like @ss! Any other ways to quit? Thanks.
It tastes like three day old dead ***. Wear the patch. I had to plaster them all over my body but it helped and didn-t give me the breath of a dead woman.
well I am in the same boat. Everyone that I know that has quit for good have quit cold turkey. The gum does taste like crap. You also have to have support. You will probably get bitchy and need people around you that understand. You have to drink lots of water. It might also be a good idea to take a quit smoking class I think the red cross gives those and they are free thanks to the over priced taxes on cigarettes LOL. You will have to find something to keep your mind of cigarettes. You will have to throw out everything that reminds you cigarettes. Like ash trays lighters, t shirts with cigarettes on them etc.. If you go to the bar you might want to stay away from there for awhile. It would also be a good idea to stop drinking alcohol for awhile. You need to go to places that are non smoking. Learn some deep breathing exercises. ETC..... Good luck and don-t get discouraged if you fail a couple times it happens to everyone. I have quit several times. I just can-t seem to kick the habit. I don-t like the way I become when I quit. I get real agitated easy when I am not smoking. Just remember it is a habit and habits are hard to break. Think positive you can do it. Good Luck! I am rooting for you.
hypnotists can help you quit smoking. my boss smoked at least a half a pack a day, got hypnotized and she hasn-t smoked in over a week.
It does taste terrible! And, you don-t really chew it, you bite it and hold it between your cheek and gums. I have tried everything to quit including hypnotism and nothing seems to work. There is a new drug out for stopping smoking but you have to talk to your doctor about that. I tried the first one - the one that was really an anti-depressant, and it didn-t work. This new one is supposed to be better. If you find something that works, let me know! I know I-m killing myself smoking, but just can-t quit. I lost my grandpa, aunt, uncle and mom to lung cancer and still I smoke!
I had success using nicorette
The most important thing: You must want to quit.
If you are going to quit you need to get down to it. Do not make dumb excuses like taste, because somebody told you. try it, and read the package insert carefully, because it is not a chewing gum its a gum that containd nicotine and has to be chew in a special way, and only when you are craving a cigarrete. I applaude you decision, and support you, but you need to be strong. You can do it!
I include a couple of nicotine gum brands web page that might help you to realize if you are really adicted, how it could help you and tips to succeed. Good luck!
there is a new medication out called Chantix. I know a few people at work who have taken it and quit very successfully.
Laser assisted smoking cessation is really successful! It is inexpensive and very effective.
it doesn-t... it is not as good as bubble gum but it is not horrible... and they just invented some that have flavoring so you might want to try that
I need to quit smoking soon and I was thinking of chewing the gum?? -