A question for those trying to quit smoking (or those that have) ? -

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A question for those trying to quit smoking (or those that have) ? -


What do you do when you really crave one, you know one of those days where you spill coffee on yourself, your car breaks down, you-re late for work and then you find out that you have to stay late at work.

What do you do when you want one on these days?
I had just quit for two days and today I had a bad day and I already had four. Tommorrow I am starting again.
I.m not trying now, but I have in the past. Know why I couldn-t quit? I didn-t have to will to do it. You can wear patches, which are very expensive, chew the gum, but if you don-t have the will to do it and quit cold turkey, might as well give into the cigarettes. When you do quit you have to stay clear of friends and family that smoke, because that is like setting a beer in front of a reformed alcoholic. If you go with someone that smokes, ask them politely not to smoke in front of you. If they are a true friend, they will respect your request and encourage you to keep off the cigarettes and hope for you to succeed. If they don-t, then get a new friend. The answer is in your mind and your heart and it-s called will. Wishing you the very best young lady and I certainly hope you succeed in your efforts to quit. Even if you to succeed, days, months or even years down the road, you-ll get a craving for a cigarette, just stand firm and don-t give in.
Just remember that if you even light one up you may never quit again. I started smoking when I was 15 and quit for 55 days when I was 18. I had a couple of drinks one night and lit one up. It took me 12 years before I quit again. Finally I was smoking 3 packs a day, and coughing all the time. I finally could not even inhale to smoke. All because I lit that one cigarette. Remind yourself that you are in control. You already quit so keep that promise to yourself. Be nice to yourself, you deserve not to suffer for years to come.
change your -smoking habits- do other things. the urge only lasts a few minutes.
i chew gum, eat ice cream etc...anything that makes me stop thinking of smoking and keep myself busy.
A question for those trying to quit smoking (or those that have) ? -