Has anyone ever used Chantix by Pfizer, to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Has anyone ever used Chantix by Pfizer, to quit smoking? -


I just heard about it, and I was wondering, if you could tell me about your experiences with it. Does it work and are there any bad side effects? I-d like to try it myself. One more thing, what price range is it in? Thanks in advance!
Nausea
Headache
Vomiting
Flatulence
Insomnia
Abnormal dreams
Dysgeusia (alteration in taste)

monthly pack
1 disp pack $106.99

I quit in the mid 90-s using nicotine gum and the worst side effect was the number of times that I bit my tongue or the inside of my mouth.
I took Chantix from October until just before Christmas. The drug works well to eliminate the physical cravings but you still need to deal with some of the side effects as well as the behavioral habit.

The side effects I had were nausea (for about 30 minutes after taking the medicine and during week 1 whenever I-d smoke). Towards the end of week 1 I was throwing cigarettes out after a puff or two because I thought I would throw up. The other side effects I dealt with included weird dreams (lasted the entire time I took the medicine) and problems sleeping (just the first week or two).

I quit smoking on day 8. I still wanted cigarettes after I quit because of the behavioral side of things but that slowly went away.

My understanding is that Chantix costs approximately $120/mo. My insurance covered it so I-m not sure exactly what it retails for.

Good luck quitting! I haven-t smoked since October.
Chantix is an excellent way to quit smoking with few side effects. For more Chantix information, please click the following link: http://www.buycheaponlinenow.info/chameng.php
I used -will power- by Droopy Dog.

Just decide you are going to do it, and do it.
Throw out your cigarrettes, lighters, ashtrays etc. No -after this pack,- it never works.
You have to start thinking of yourself as a -non smoker-
If you can do that, your in.

Everybody is looking for an easy way out, weight loss, baldness cures, motionless excersize, quitting smoking and there will always be someone trying to make a buck off that.
My doctor told me as soon as I am no longer pregnant he-s prescribing it, it claims it works wonders in a max of 3 months, so if anyone has used it I-d be interested to see what they have to say as well.
Hi! I-m so happy people are interested in the drug, because - from my experience - it-s almost a miracle.

I know people-s experiences differ, but sounds like the majority of people are extremely happy with it. It-s almost magic.

I-m on Day 6 with Chantix. Here-s my blog of my quit on Chantix:
http://chantixquit.blogspot.com
They say that you should try to quit on Day 8, well, by the end of Day 5 I couldn-t stand smoking and the idea of smoking. Cigarettes tasted horrible, I didn-t WANT to smoke, hated the nuisance of it, and just somehow the whole idea of smoking felt very unnecessary.

So I quit today. It-s my first day, but if I quit cold turkey, like before, I-d be climbing up the walls by now. Nothing like that. It was as easy and natural as breathing. I hear from many other people it is the same for them, it works. People with over 30 years of smoking more than 1-1.5 packs a day, they quit. Some quit by Day 10, but they quit and stay quit.

One very important thing I learned that is not mentioned by doctors rather often - you have to WEAN OFF Chantix, do not stop abruptly. That-s all.

In the first days, I felt a bit nauseous at times, felt dizzy a bit, had some gas, nothing major at all. Now it all seems to have vanished, and I-m back to normal, except no urge to smoke whatsoever. I think if you lit up a cigarette for me right in my face, I-d not want to smoke.

Just try it, you-ll see what I mean. I couldn-t believe any of it till I started experiencing it.

Costs $126 in Southern California at a local pharmacy. That-s cheaper than a month of smoking cost me (with $5 a pack). So it-s a win-win situation. (I think most insurances don-t pay for it. yet.)

One more thing - you still have to want to quit for Chantix to work. You can-t expect it to do everything for you.

Best of luck!!
test your own will power. quit cold turkey. I did it when i quit smoking, And i was a heavy smoker too. just a matter of mind over matter.I smoked close to 3 pack a day.
Has anyone ever used Chantix by Pfizer, to quit smoking? -