Any successful ways to quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Any successful ways to quit smoking? -


Below is what I wrote to a similar question. My response was chosen as the best answer.

Quitting smoking is not an easy thing to do, especially alone. The longer you-ve smoked, the harder it is going to be to kick the habit.

Quitting is going to require the assistance / guidance of a support group. Friends, family, and colleagues are going to have to support you during this time.

Trying to quit cold turkey usually doesn-t work. Using tools such as Nicotene Gum or a patch will help to reduce cravings. Eating carrot or celery sticks will help with the or-al fixation associated with smoking.

Getting help from your doctor is probably a good way to go as well.

The American Cancer Society provides some good information as does the Wikipedia. Tobacco Free California is also a good resource to get help.

Bottomline, start with a plan. Involve your friends and family, and decide what is going to work best for you.

Good luck!
I found restricting myself to less each day and then smoking a cigar while inhaling helped a lot
Make up your mind to do it, and stick to your committment. There is no easy magical way to do it.
Determination. My boyfriend, now my husband used to chew tobacco and he did it since he was 13 yrs old, he said (he was 29 when he quit). It was disgusting and told him so. But he didn-t quit for that reason. I sat down with him and discussed the possibilities of chewing/smoking tobacco and how much it could affect not only himself but every one who loves him. It did go through his senses and QUIT just like that. One day, he attempted to chew. We filled gas in this station and he went inside and bought the chew. Luckily, I am familiar of the merchandising of the store and I knew he was buying for the KODIAK brand. I was in the car. So he came back and tried to bribe me with candies and chocolate but I insisted for him to give me whatever was in his pocket. HE refused to give it to me but I was firm about helping him to stay healthy - he finally gave it up, and while I was driving I threw it out the window! Since then, he never did chew.

It-s a matter of how serious you are and the support you have around you. Try it and think about your health and your family.
I asked a friend of mine how she did it, she said she just suffered it out.
yeah... research it and see the effects smoking has on the body... trust me I saw it in class and I never want to even think about smoking.
You can ask this question on a hospital. I don`t know where you are from. But here in Denmark we have many free phone numbers where we can ask this type of question to them then they will help us freely. And goverment pays for the service.
Ideas to Help You Quit :
http://www.ahrq.gov/consumer/helpsmok.htm

ok also you can read that ( If you have tried to quit smoking, you know how hard it can be. It is hard because nicotine is a very addictive drug. For some people, it can be as addictive as heroin or cocaine.
Quitting is hard. Usually people make 2 or 3 tries, or more, before finally being able to quit. Each time you try to quit, you can learn about what helps and what hurts.

Quitting takes hard work and a lot of effort, but you can quit smoking. )
just tried and God will help you
Any successful ways to quit smoking? -