I want to quit smoking? -

Monday, November 9, 2015

I want to quit smoking? -


I want to quit for me. However, my husband smokes and I dont want to expect him to quit. I also find it hard because I can-t stay away from smokers, and I love to drink and smoke together, I cant very well stay away from drinking on the weekends either. I need that to wind down on the weekends, My husband is in Iraq and things are Very stressful right now, I picked a bad time to quit, but its a top priority for me right now. Please any advice would be great. I have tried cold turkey and as soon as I eat or go walking, or go kart riding, anything i do on a normal day, I want one so bad, and my friends and family are no help cause they give into my begging. Please help me out here.
I tried going cold turkey, but I also got no help from friends or family. What I did was go to the supermarket and buy a bunch of celery. Every time I wanted a cig i just ate a stick of celery (0 fat, calories and carbs). I went through alot of celery but it was worth it. Drinking and smoking go hand and hand but I brought gum to the bars. When I wanted to smoke I chewed gum (alot by the way). It was hard but by day 5 it gets easier. Its hard to stop, but I think you can do it, you will feel better I promise you. I will pray for you husband, and all the soldiers, to return as soon as possible. When he comes home thank him for his service to our country.
My sister in law, quit cold turkey. She put her cigarettes in the top shelf of her cupboard, so that she would have to climb to get them. She quit that way. Unfortunately, she didn-t quit soon enough, she died of a heart attack, several years later. Sit down with a calculator, and figure out how much you will save per month by not smoking, then figure out how much longer you will live, when you quit smoking. I never smoked, but my siblings did. I now have outlived all of my siblings.
Here are a couple of websites to check out.


http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/…
is a -why do I smoke?- quiz that will help you better understand what triggers your smoking.


http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quitas…
provides a wealth of information on quitting.

Join a stop smoking support group. I believe that Yahoo has 3 such groups. My favorite is Nicotine Busters.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nic…
They provide wonderful support and assistance.

The best of luck to you!!!!
JUST DO IT! I DID IT! AFTER 23YEARS OF SMOKING CIGARETTES! JUST DO NOT EVEN THINK OF IT!

HAVE A FEW PACKS OF SUGARLESS GUMS READY THOUGH
smoke what?
To quit the cancer sticks a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- will help you.
I want to quit smoking? -