I quit smoking 7 weeks ago.I gained 14Lbs.Any suggestions on how to take it off sensibly.I work 4 days a weeks -

Thursday, November 19, 2015

I quit smoking 7 weeks ago.I gained 14Lbs.Any suggestions on how to take it off sensibly.I work 4 days a weeks -


I a male 5-8 174lbs. My normal weight is between 150-160. I swear, since I started smoking, I can-t stop eating. I crave the most unhealthiest things. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Also wondering if there are any websites out there that offers a diet plan for free.
Weight Watchers has been wonderful for me! Sometimes you can sign up for a trail period for free, if not, it is 16.95 a month. Short of that, I would suggest substituting you snacks with veggies. Have it prepared ahead of time. Dunking in fat free salad dressing, or salsa is great! Also, watch what you drink. Pop and sports drinks have lots of hidden calories!
go walking or by bike to ur work
When You get a craving to Eat have healthy snacks on hand ie:Fruits - Veggies. Exercise walk when you can a 20 Min walk helps a lot. I keep celery and Carrot sticks handy as they offer something to chew and helps to relieve the cravings. Also apples are good the nice crispy ones.
good for you!! quitting smoking is a really big step!

about the pounds...just watch what you eat. when you get something to eat, ask ur self if its healthy and if its not, is it worth it? also, if you have time start exercising.
when u smoke cigarettes, the nicotine curbs your appetite, so u are less likely to be hungry, and so ur body basically goes into -starvation mode- w/o you realizing it. so, when u quit smoking, u regain that appetite, but in a larger way, b/c ur body was -starved- for so long. so ur body bounces back to the way it was and u start piling on the weight again. it-s just the same as when an anorexic person starts to eat normally again. so how to take off the extra 14 1bs? just drink lots of water( esp. before meals in order to curb ur appetite so u will more likely eat less), incorporate more fruits, veggies, protein (esp. protein b/c it helps you keep ur stomach full longer- beans are the best source of protein) and fiber in your diet, take vitamins every day, drink low-fat or skim milk or eat low-fat yogurt(not whole), and work out , especially in the early morning before u go to work so ur body can burn off the calories throughout the entire day(cardio and running are the best excercises to fight fat) for at least 30 min. every day (fit excercise around ur schedule and work out on the weekends). oh and DO NOT skip breakfast b/c doing so will make u gain even more weight! and when eating, eat in moderation- it-s called portion control! for your heaight, weight and age, i reccomend mypyramid.gov, a gov-t website that tells u how much calories u need to eat a day. i-m not sure, but i think that a person like u has to eat about 2500-3000 calories a day (just check the website to be sure of this!). anywayz, the point is to eat healthy, excercise, eat in moderation and drink lots of water!!!!!!!!
ugh. bummer. well first off congrats on quitting!!!!!!!

second, join a gym. I bet you were holding back from exercise since you were smoking all the time. I used to smoke when I was real young and god was that ever a mistake. I found that when I ran I would have to stop because I would have coughing fits. so start exercising again. make sure you eat a balanced diet and have a few sweets every once in a while to offset some of the cravings later on.
I quit smoking 7 weeks ago.I gained 14Lbs.Any suggestions on how to take it off sensibly.I work 4 days a weeks -