Does insurance cover quit-smoking medicines? -

Monday, November 9, 2015

Does insurance cover quit-smoking medicines? -


I want to quit smoking, and need some help. I have tried over the counter medicines to help quit smoking. They are very expensive, and dont sem to help me.

Are there prescription medicines that my doctor can prescribe to help my quit smoking? If so, does insurance usually cover them?
A lot of prescription medicines that are prescribed to quit smoking are actually anti-depressants, and the insurance companies will usually cover them, but there is a catch.

For instance, when I wanted to quit smoking, the doctor prescribed Wellbutrin (spelling may be wrong), but he prescribed it for depression so the insurance would cover it, otherwise, they would not have.

A couple of things: First off, this is all relative to your particular health insurance company and plan. They will be able to tell you if cessation drugs are covered or not.

Secondly (and more importantly), quitting is a highly personal thing. What worked for me, may not work for you and vice versa. For the record, the wellbutrin didn-t work out too well for me, but I found great success with the nicotine patch.

Hopefully, you will find the solution that is best for you, and you will be able to kick the habit! Good luck to you!
Best thing to do is to ask your insurance provider directly.
Check with your insurance company!
Chantix is the BEST!!! It is a prescription pill that stops cravings and withdrawal effects. You can get them free I think from the cancer society or something like that. Check it out.
Mine didn-t. Which to me is really stupid. I think that they would have covered if I were having illness related to my smoking. You would think that it would be beneficial to them to have a person off the smokes. Think about how much they will eventually spend on you after you have smoked for another 30 years.
I don-t think so they are OTC insurance does not cover OTC, if they are RX then they might. Ask your pharmacist before purchasing the medicine.
Does insurance cover quit-smoking medicines? -