How can i quit smoking weed??? Im so sick of it... yet i keep going back everyday!!! Help!? -

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

How can i quit smoking weed??? Im so sick of it... yet i keep going back everyday!!! Help!? -


For about 6 months now i-ve realized that i need to quit smoking weed! It-s making me stupid, anti social, depressed and lazy. I need to quit, i feel like its ruining my life! I feel like i-ve been living under a rock ever since i started somking. I just don-t get it... its not supposed to be hard to quit but for some reason i can-t. Even this now is part of the addiction per say. Everyday, during the day, all i think about is quitting smoking and what have you, then once night fall hits all i want to do is smoke again! Its like i-m a completely different person. Please help me... i don-t think i can do it alone.
Get a job! If smoking is the reward for a hard day of work, i don-t see a problem with it. Good luck!
Who said i didn-t have a job? There-s a difference between a habitual smoker and a recretional one.. part of the reason they call it cronic. Anyways i quit, so thank you to the people who weren-t being facetious.


Report Abuse



Thatguy, i feel the same way about my Mary Jane. It kinda ruins the day., but somthing about it keeps me coming back. Also if you honestly want to quit you need to tell you friends and be blunt about it, and just stop. OR if ur friends pressure you to much maybe you need to keep ur distance.OR Smoke


Report Abuse



Just say no!
you maybe have to go to rehab if you-ve tried all the other approches. Sometimes one just has to get away from that same evniroment to break the habit. Or its said one can break 1 habit by starting another. Start drinking to kick the smoke...
stop buying weed. It-s really pretty damn simple.

If you really feel like you need help, look up NA or AA in your hometown and go to a meeting.
I know ways to help quit smoking tobacco, but it might still work with marijuana

Have a peppermint each time you crave a cigarette, the craving will go away.

And to have lots of water

Make sure you get a lot of fresh air and exercise, it will help your brain recover

have faith
y quit its to good
try making it into brownies....then you can eat it instead of smoking it.
It is defidently mind over matter, however, smoking in general is a habbit. You find comfort in having something to smoke period. I never was a pot head, but my friends and boyfriend were. I smoked cigarettes and I was not addicted to nicotine 5 yrs. of smoking and I was just a social smoker, smoked when I was drunk, and when I was in the car driving, because I was bored. Do cut off your ties with stoner friends, not completly just tell them you don-t want to be around it and not to talk about it when they are hanging with you. Real friends will respect that.

Good Luck!
I was in the same boat. Luckily I was pretty much forced to quit although I did want to at the same time. I wouldn-t have been able to be my niece-s Godmother if I didn-t stop. I found the first week or two to be the worst. You gotta just stop hanging around your stoner friends, or at least when they smoke. Tell them you-re gonna stop... and if they start to smoke up around you, then tell them you gotta go somewhere. Stop buying, contacting your seller (I would go as far as to delete his contact information from your cell)
Granted I still get cravings sometimes, but I know staying clean is a better choice. and the poster before me is right, it is not a physical addiction but a mental addiction. You CAN do it if you really want
The first step is already covered. You know that what you are doing is wrong, (plus you can get in major trouble for it). Now the second step is just stop. It`s going to be really hard, but you can always get your family and TRUE friends to help you. In the meanwhile get something to replace it, like gum and get hooked on that instead because it`s harmless. If you can`t do it yourself, and your peers and family can`t either, you can always go to a help facility. It`s not a matter of how embarrassing it is to go there, it`s more for you and more importantly your health. Your motivation? Well, it`s being able to breathe freely, smarter, more friends, and feeling good about yourself =]
Just stop buying it, the feeling of -needing- it will go away. I smoked for 20 yrs. and one day I felt like you do and I just quit! Pot is not physically addictive, it-s a psychological addiction. Change your night time habits, replace smoking with something more productive and you-ll forget about the pot. You can do it!
cut off all connections to your stoner friends, don-t think about it get out and do something other then smoke up, and you can do it-s not an addictive drug it-s only in your mind that you-re addicted.
Congrats on deciding to quit. That really is a very big deal. Most people have a hard time quiting any type of addiction alone. You need to get a support network set up. People to keep you accountable and to talk to when you are feeling tempted. You look up addiction groups in your area. If that does not work for you, get family and friends involved. Also, keep yourself busy during the times that you normally feel tempted. You said that you have a hard time at night, so at night keep yourself distracted with a hobby or activity.

Good luck!
How can i quit smoking weed??? Im so sick of it... yet i keep going back everyday!!! Help!? -