Can someone tell me what is the best way to quit smoking. tell me what item i can use? -

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Can someone tell me what is the best way to quit smoking. tell me what item i can use? -


I smoked for 20 years 2 packs a day and am currently taking chantix..it has been over a week since my last smoke and I dont even crave them. There are side effects..dreams are very vivid but I dont mind that.

I tried the patch, gum and numerous other things and always started back again within a few days. I was anxious and difficult to get along with on these things.

I think Chantix is amazing I cannot believe how easy this is with this med

Good Luck
she-s right. I-ve been taking chantix and Its been 4 weeks and 1 day since my last cigg. The side effects can be a little annoying especially the loss of sleep and vivid dreams, but chantix does work great
I quit on the patch. Chantix is not very effective in the long run. Do some research Chantix may cause suicidal behavior as well as eratic behavior and very few people who quit on it are still non-smokers after two years.
I used chantix to quit. I smoked for 20 yrs. and have been quit since last May. It worked well for me, but you have to get it in your head that you -WANT- to quit! I know a few other people who used Chantix and had every excuse in the world why it didn-t work.
if you have children just belive that you have to do this to be able to see you kids grandson or daughter .
i used nicotinell patch. it worked for me. quit smoking was easier as i initially thought. After 6 weeks i stopped with the patch as well and i had almost no problems. first 3 weeks are difficult but very doable. I had in my head that if i dont quit now i will never quit. and that helped, you need a good reason to quit then it is easy really.
I finally did it cold turkey. I tried and tried, and then I just said forget it. I also prayed to St. Anthony. But, then I just said, I-m going to smoke the rest of my life, because i love it, and so eff it, I will never try to quit again. And I meant it 100%. Then a few days or a week later, I couldn-t sleep, around 2am I got up said, -This is IT!!!- tossed them out and fell asleep. I have no idea why it went that way, but it was sort of odd.

I did end up gaining a few pounds, but I increased mysports playing and now look better than ever. I can breathe better, my hair smells fantastic, my teeth are white, and I HATE the smell of smoke now. Cannot stand it at all.
I quit smoking 7 yeas ago.
the only thing that works is cold-turkey.
a few things you-ll need to know.
1. once you quit you can never have a cigarette again, not even after 10 years. if you do, you will end up buying a pack the next day.
2. you have to really want to quit. that means total commitment.
3. you-ll be nervous and irritable for the first couple of weeks. you will probably gain some weight from nervous eating. working out is a good alternative for that stress relief.
4. keep your mouth busy. use chewing gum, tooth picks, straws, anything, just keep your mouth busy.
5. believe it or not, the addiction is 90% mental. after the first week or 2, your body is over it. the rest is in your mind. be strong.
6. after being clean for a few weeks, you-ll remember what food really tastes like, what a lungful of fresh air really feels like, what its like to run up a flight of stairs and not have to catch your breath.

good luck
just stop, IT WILL KILL YOU
Cut off your hands. Hard to smoke if you can-t hold a cigarette or lighter, hopefully your friends won-t do it for you.

I-ve had good luck quitting in the past with the gum. I enjoy smoking though so I go back after 6 months or so.
I just stopped after 40 years!!! how? I just stopped, it-s 5 weeks now and I don-t want to go back to being the smelly,coughing person I was, even my social life has improved.
It-s not easy but it is really worth it.
Chantix if you can afford it or if your insurance pays for it. Best way is to really really want to quit. You will then have enough determination that whatever program you use to quit will work. Best of luck to you.
a great many people I know have been having good success with Chantix. Ask your doctor about it.
There is no quick way or instrument what it really takes is your willpower, if you are willing to stop and think of all those health risks you are effecting your body with. I mean come on - Heart disease, stroke (can happen at any age, they happen in the brain and you can either be paralysed, not in every case or die), scare tactics here, hope you are reading this and thinking OH MY GOD!.

And induviduals who smoke are 10x more likely to suffer CHD and strokes/H.Attacks.

You can stop smoking aslong as you put your mind to it.

Helpfull tips are:

when you are having a craving, instead of heading to open that cigarette packet, go and get an apple or even go and take some exercise and this diminishes your appetite.

Did you know that smoking is a very powerful brain addiction, just like IDU-s.

Hope this helps, jen. Let me know your outcome
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
Good luck...when I got pregnant I told my husband he won-t be allowed near the baby if he is still smoking. He quit cold turkey. Maybe you could just think of something you love very very much.....you will lose it if you don-t stop smoking.
Can someone tell me what is the best way to quit smoking. tell me what item i can use? -