What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I have been smoking since I was 14 years old, it is now 10 years on and I really want to quit. Can anyone give me tips on how to go about this.
There is only one way to quit smoking and that is to want to quit.
Unless you really, really really, want to.... nothing will work.

Don-t bother with cutting back slowly or patches, these are a waste of effort or money and even if it appears that you have succeded you will start again soon after.

Assuming you want to quit, all you have to do is butt it and and say to yourself -I quit- and really mean it..

You will be tempted, but when this happens, don-t break, just resist, even if the urge is overbearing, know that it will soon pass.

Honestly I had been smoking for 30 years since I was about 12yo and thought I would be the last person on earth to quit. But one afternoon I simple stopped halfway through a cig and quit. What I found was that the urge would come everytime I did something where in the past I would light up, but as each situation passed the urge for it reduced each time it occurred again. And knowing that, itwas very easy to stop because the urges passed quickly.

The secret is to get past those few minutes.

As far as not putting weight on goes, all i can suggest is that you remain conscious of what you eat and instead of eating to replace the smoking maybe try a mint or something like that.

Good luck, you will feel much better once you-ve quit.
do it cold turkey, get rid of everything that reminds you of cigs, also clean your car and finally pray to your father in heaven give the cigs to him and ask him to take the urge away he will if you are serious.
that is what i did to quit after 10 years.
wean yourself. If you smoke a pack a day, try to smoke like 15 a day for a week or two, and gradually decrease it until you are down to like a pack every few weeks than you will no longer need nicotine. it is tough and takes time, but it is worth it. if you just want to smoke something, smoke tea, that will make you not want to smoke anything for a while.
It differs from one person to another I-m sure, but I-ve had success with Nicorette gum. If you do go that route, be sure to get the brand name stuff, I tried the cheaper CVS generic and it didn-t work at all.
You have to have a reason. Keep that foremost in your head and do not stray from that. The first week is a horrible nightmare, but it gets easier. If you have to, use chew to get by.
I quit after smoking for 30 years.
I say to chew,,i heard alot of stories about it and it really works so check it out if your out of options..
courage not to smoke - decipline will do alot.
stop buying them.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -