Help! How can I quit smoking? -

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Help! How can I quit smoking? -


I have tried everything from cold turkey to medications and I cannot seem to drive the nicotine monster away!

My life is very stressful right now with a very ill husband. I cannot be a good caregiver if I don-t take care of myself. There are so many patients dying of lung cancer and I watch as they sit outside the hospital in their wheelchairs having a smoke. I could cry for them because I know how strong the addiction really is.

I don-t want to end up that way.
Chantix. Go ask your doctor about it. I tried to quit for 5 years, I was on it for about 3 weeks and I quit. It is different from other medications since it stimulates your nicotine receptors, fooling your body into thinking you are smoking while you become nicotine free. You still smoke while you are on it, but you will notice that you slowly out cigarettes out sooner, then one day, you just quit and don-t even realize it. This stuff is amazing, better than any patch or anything. They also give you e-mails and stuff to help you along.

They say to set a quit date, but I didn-t, I just let the medication work, it takes about 2 weeks to build up, then you need just a bit of effort to stop. I never even relapsed, being a non smoker is amazing now, can-t stand the smell now. The cost of a Chantix prescription is about the same as a carton of cigarettes.
Group hypnosis +

CD-s hypnosis programs (15 min-s each) to listen to 3-4 times a day for at least 31 days +

Accupressure.

I recomend you check out the news paper .... they travel around and it usually costs $99.00. The CD-s cost $15 each (get all of -em) ... Migun Thermal massage is so great to get ride of stress - the accupressure actually stops censations. Check u-r phone to see if you have a place near you ... most owners let you try the machien for 4-6 months for free (tip jars allow you to pay what you can) (
http://www.migunworld.com/)

The gum worked for me. Used far more of it than I was supposed to, but I haven-t smoked since Feb 2004.
First at all, as a smoker myself, I have to tell you that the only way to quit is do it at once...Just quit and throw away the cigars...
Nothing and nobody can stop the habit for you...say no and no more...it-s gonna be hard but you can do it if you want...
The only thing I-m concerned is that you say you have a lot of stress and that-s not gonna help you...instead of looking for smoke quitting solutions look for help on the problems around your life, at the end it-s going to help with your addiction too! Good Luck!
Have you tried a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking-?
Help! How can I quit smoking? -