Whatquot;s the best way to quit smoking for a very addicted person? -

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Whatquot;s the best way to quit smoking for a very addicted person? -


Tried many ways including Zyban, cold turkey, cutting back etc... please help
you-re never going to quit.

you dont want to quit.

there-s no such thing as -very addicted.- nicotine addiction is not variable. you are or you aren-t.

you say you-re -very- addicted because you-ve already mentally determined that quitting is too hard.

the thing is, humans do what they want. if you didnt want to smoke, you wouldn-t. you want to smoke, more than you want to quit.

until that changes, and you want to quit more than you want to smoke, you-ll never quit.

oh, and i smoked a pack a day for years, before quitting cold turkey over a year ago. i was coughing up lots of black ****, and not feeling healthy, so i decided to quit. never had any problems.
I know many people who quit smoking by going to cigars our chew. Its still not the healthiest, but it gets you away from cigarettes and I hear alot of them say quitting chew was alot easier than quitting smoking. They use it just long enough to stay away from cigs. I see people all the time that say they are going to quit, but never do. I also see them quit and they give up after a week. The ones I have seen go to chew or cigars seem to make it. You could try that, because you could quit those habits easier than you probably can smoking.
I will not say it is impossible. It is possible if thee person has the power of self determination.
nobody can tell you how to do it.. its different for everyone, you just have to keep trying different things till you find what works for you. Some people have a certain chemical in thier brain that makes them more addicted to cigarettes then others. So don-t listen to the people that say -if I can do it so can you-. What worked for me was, cold turkey and a crapload of dum dum suckers. I used the suckers because i needed something to do with my smokeing hand and it really helped stop my craving..
Cut your chest open and look at your lungs
Hypnosis, it will only work if you are determined. I thought it was a bunch of crap but my friend who smoked 3 packs a day quit after 4 sessions.
Use the patch as directed. Do not try to move to a lower dose early. If you do you are setting yourself up for failure. Stay busy. It helps to keep the hands busy too. I have been a non-smoker for more than five years now and am so proud. I feel better also. I was such a heavy smoker three packs a day but told everyone I smoked a pack a day. I think most folks say they smoke a pack a day when really it is more like 2-3 pks a day and they are so expensive. Think of the money you will save. That helps too.
i smoked for 20 years the first time i tried to quit i tried the patch and stopped for 8 days then in july i just quit cold turkey and have made is 3 1/2 months so i would say just pu them down and walk away and then take it 1 day at a time i found when i would crave a cigarette i would breathe through it or take a drink of water eventually i craved fora drink of water and not a cigarette at least it was healthy
Different ways work for different people. What really helped me was cinnamon altoids, and gum. Every time you get a craving eat a couple. It gets so hot you temporarily forget about the craving. Don-t forget you really have to want to quit!! It took me a long time and many failures before i finally got there. GOOD LUCK!!
Start a serious study of the Bible and become very health conscious. For instance, you could become a health activist, who practices calorie restriction and vegetarianism for longevity. You basically need to change your whole way of thinking about life and what you want out of it. I recommend that you look at the Bible study and literature at
http://www.gnmagazine.org/litreq/index.h…
, the Christian Vegetarian Association at
http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/vegbene…
, the Calorie Restriction Society at
http://www.calorierestriction.org/
, and the Immortality Institute at
http://www.imminst.org/about/
I broke all my addictions - including smoking. I-m sure you can too.
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour and He will take the desire to smoke away from you.
I to am addicted. Seems to me that the most important thing is to truely have your mind made up to quit. Like you i tried the patch, the gum, Zyban and attended non-smoking classes for 2 months (which really did help, I learned some things that helped). I-m trying a new pill right now called Chantix. Like Zyban you start them a week before trying to stop. Today is day 5 for me and i can honestly say that i-ve already gone from a pack and a half to 2 packs a day down to less than one pack a day. They say they are having really great success with this new drug. It seems to be helping me but i know i-ve got along way to go. There are alot of things to help such as get out of the house, re-arrange the furniture so that you-re not sitting in your fav place to smoke, hide the ashtrays. One thing that helped me alot too was taking straws and cutting them down to cigarrette size and pretending they were smokes. Just something for the hands to do. Sounds crazy but this time i-ve bought candy cigarettes to use. I-ll be starting them Monday. Keep that list of reasons why you want to quit and just don-t give up. They says it takes most people 3 or 4 times of trying to quit before they actually do quit so your next time may be it for you. Don-t give up.
Whatquot;s the best way to quit smoking for a very addicted person? -