Can you really quit smoking? -

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Can you really quit smoking? -


I don-t like being around smokers. My bf said he quit smoking, but recently when we one BIG fight, he smoked again. And thats not the first time. He said he want to quit and he definitely will,but I have a little faith.
i have smoked for 13 years and i think if i really wanted to quit i could. i was in the hospital for 2 weeks and didnt smoke and it didnt really bother me because i knew i couldnt. but i have never tried to quit because i enjoy smoking it calms my nerves and relieves my stress. as far as youre boyfriend i understand your concern, (my husband wants me to quit to, however if he smoked when you met him then you shouldnt push him so hard to quit because you accepted this when you started seeing him. also like i said it calms you and relieves stress so thats probably why he had to have a cigarette after the fight.
That answer is so old and lame all at the same time, efficiency of lameness I guess. -I could quit if I wanted- LMAO! No you can-t! If you could... You would. That simple. The deficits FAR outweigh the benefits. It calms yer nerves cause yer ADDICTED lol! I bet you even believe your excuses.


Report Abuse



It is extremely hard to quit smoking. There are those who are dieing from cancer and they cannot quit. They will smoke until the day they die.
There is no doubt that you boyfriend wants and tries to quit. It is a stupid thing to do, but we do stupid things when we are young. If you love him, you must accept the good and bad. The more you nag the worse he feels and the worse he feels the more he will smoke.
Was he smoking before you got with him, if he was and you got with him any way you made the choice and it is not fair to try to get him to quit
I use to smoke 2 packs of Pall Mall no filter cigs 20 yrs ago and quit cold turkey, first thing is you have to really want to quit, second thing is you have to have a really strong mind, if you don-t you will never quit. People say that they want to mostly just to shut non smokers up then every chance they get upset or nervous that is their excuse to start up again. If you are weak minded just stop lying to everyone and yourself and keep smoking, but if you truly want to quit your mind will be strong and you will do it. Most likely your friend will not quit smoking until some type of life threatening ordeal will force him to do so.

I quit only because my son at age 3 at the time was allergic to second hand smoke and he could have died from it. Don-t get me wrong, I liked smoking back then but I loved my son to much not to quit. It was the second best thing I ever did. The first was having a family.

Good luck with your friend....

Don
no, it is impossible, nobody has ever done it. Only joking, you-ve just got to have incredible willpower.
I don-t smoke. So no idea....
Yes it is totally possible but only if the person really wants to quit! It takes strong will power more than anything else and if your bf friend doesn-t have that or if deep down, he actually enjoys smoking too much to quit then he probably won-t be able to.
It can be done--I quit the first time for 6 years--started again for a few months but realized how crazy that was and quit again. Have had a few cigs over the years (now almost 15 since I smoked regularly). Went thru a brief cigar stage about 5 years ago.
The big -but- is-when things are stressful, I still find myself thinking--Man, a cigarette would be good right now-

So 30+ years after I had my first cigarette, I still get the jones--a powerful testimony to how truly addictive nicotine is!

MM
yeahs! hell no`s !!
Possible, but very hard. Heidi
This method works for me and is the only money back guaranteed.
I quite smoking 2 years ago


Get the Facts
Easyway, founded by Allen Carr in 1983, has the highest independently verified 12-month success rate (75.8% for a smoker completing the program) of any quit smoking technique and a 90% satisfaction rating.

Compare Easyway to other methods and see for yourself why Easyway is called “The Cadillac of quit smoking methods.”

The Allen Carr Method
HOW THE METHOD WORKS

Using psychotherapy, the method works in the opposite way to the “willpower” method. It does not concentrate on the reasons the smoker should not smoke : the money, the slavery, the health risks and the stigma. Smokers know all that already. Instead it focuses on why smokers continue to smoke in spite of the obvious disadvantages.

It is fear that keeps smokers hooked!

Fear the smoker will have to give up their pleasure or crutch. Fear the smoker will be unable to enjoy life or handle stress. Fear the smoker will have to go through an awful trauma to get free. Fear the smoker will never get completely free from the craving.

The Method removes these fears
Smokers quit with the Allen Carr Method as happy non-smokers, not feeling deprived but with a huge sense of relief and elation that they have finally achieved what they always wanted….

TO BE FREE!

What about the terrible withdrawal pangs from nicotine?

The physical withdrawal from nicotine is so slight that most smokers don’t realise that they are addicts. What smokers suffer when they try and quit using other methods is the misery and depression caused by the belief that they are being deprived of a pleasure or a crutch.

The Allen Carr Method removes this feeling of deprivation.
It removes the need and desire to smoke. Once the smoker is in the right frame of mind and they follow the simple instructions, the physical withdrawal from nicotine is hardly noticeable.

No Gimmicks!

The Method does not use any gimmicks, useless aids or substitutes. No nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, tabs, inhilators or nasal sprays! No needles! No lasers! No drugs! No herbs! No shock treatment!

The Allen Carr Method is successful because:

It removes the smokers’ conflict of will.
There are no bad withdrawal pangs.
It is instantaneous and easy.
It is equally effective for long-term heavy smokers and light smokers.
You need not gain weight.
You will not miss smoking.

Medical Endorsements

A personal view from Professor Judith Mackay MBE, JP, FRCO (Edin), FRCP (Lon), World Health Organisation Advisory Panel on Tobacco and Health

“I have no hesitation in supporting Allen Carr’s work. Many clinics use some of his techniques but it would appear that few do it in quite such a successful package.”

Carole Johnson, Coronary Heart Disease Prevention Unit, Tyne Tees

“his success rate was such that, when budgets allow, we continue to use Easyway for work with specific groups and individuals.”

Dr Anil Visa BSc, MBBch., FRCA, Consultant – Royal Hospitals NHS Trust – Royal London Hospital

“I have observed the Allen Carr method at first hand and have found it to be very successful and I wholeheartedly support it as an effective way to quit smoking.”

Dr William Green, Head of Psychiatric Dept, Matilda Hospital, Hong Kong

“It is a remarkable fact that Allen Carr, on his own admission a non-professional in behaviour modification, should have succeeded where countless psychologists and psychiatrists holding postgraduate qualifications have failed, in formulating a simple and effective way to stop smoking.”

Dr Martin Jarvis, Principle Scientist, Imperial Cancer Research
Fund and Reader in Health Psychology, University College London

”...I am more than happy to testify to Allen Carr’s enduring involvement and to recognise the value of the kind of behavioural and cognitive support he provides.”

Dr PM Bray MB CH.b., MRCGP

“I was really impressed by the method. In spite of the Allen Carr organisation’s success and fame, there were no gimmicks and the professional approach was something a GP could readily respect. I would be happy to give a medical endorsement of the method to anyone.”

Celebrity Endorsements

-His method is absolutely unique, removing the dependence on cigarettes, while you are actually smoking. I’m pleased to say it has worked for many of my friends and staff.”
Sir Richard Branson

“Some friends of mine who had stopped using Allen Carr’s method suggested I tried it. I did. It was such a revelation that instantly I was freed from my addiction. Like those friends of mine, I found it not only easy but unbelievably enjoyable to stay stopped.”
Sir Anthony Hopkins

GOOD LUCK!
yes you can quit. I quit and have been smoke free now for 6 yrs. My husband quit and is smoke free now for 4 years. So it can b done!
I am a non-smoker... I think everyone can stop smoking... But i know a man... His legs and arms were cut because of the harms of smoking... He say:-- I never stop smoking even if my head should cut--
Yes.. quitting from smoking is very difficult and hardest thing thing to do but it is not impossible.

The self confidence and the determination are the only two way by which you can quit the smoking.

It only possible by you to make your boy friend quitting form smoking.
it depends when you will quit.you must be relaxed to quit smoking.it is not the easiest thing!my father is on my back about smoking and this infuriates me.i will quit smoking whenever i feel like it.
Sure, I quit about 20 times a day.
Smoking what?
I think that you can if you really try!!! Get some patches and gum. I heard of this mouth stuff where you spray it on and the smoke tastes really bad!! Whenever you have a craving, think of a old granny who is yellow and all rotting and has a fag sticking outnof her mouth!!
yea you can. i used to smoke for 2 years and now i really quit! Don-t buy any cigi and say -No- when people offer you. Drink water when you feel like smoking.
Can you really quit smoking? -