Does anyone know a good way to quit smoking tobacco? -

Monday, May 20, 2019

Does anyone know a good way to quit smoking tobacco? -


I need a natural remedy here, not too expensive and possibly one I can forage/gather myself.
This is a tough one my friend. I’d like to say that it’s easy and all that good stuff, but as I’m sure your aware, it’s not. I have just recently quit smoking and using smokeless tobacco simultaneously, and I used the patch to do it. So now it’s been 3 months and the worst part of it is over, but it was rough there for a while. But enough with the tootin of my own horn. Here’s the deal. Most importantly you have to be READY to quit. None of this “My girlfriend / boyfriend, wife, ect keeps nagging and I’m tired of hearing it. This is the worst excuse by far, and if you use it then not only are you going to be miserable, you are going to find yourself resenting that individual and then being pissed off all day. So, now that you have made up your mind that this is something you really want to do, set a date. I’m serious, having a date and preparing for it is pretty crucial. About a week or two from your date start mentally preparing yourself, and gather the things that you can use to help you. I used sunflower seeds and a rubber band for the most part. Try to get yourself mentally prepared as well. Think about being nauseous every time you smoke, and start associating things that would normally make you ill (road kill, runny eggs, Roseanne Barr), to smoking. Start looking forward to the date, and keep with your plan. Also start to cut back on it as well. If you can go without a last smoke at the end of the day and maybe hit the sack early it helps. Use the day before to make final preparations like washing all of your smoky clothing, cleaning house with copious amounts of Fabreze, and throwing away all of the ashtrays. Now on the big day try not to freak out and just try to make it through it. Use the sunflower seeds and gum to help you out. Sugar free is a bonus, but not a must in my book. Use a rubber band around your wrist as a reminder of what you’re trying to accomplish. I know, it sounds gay as hell, but if you get a craving that’s coming on strong, and the rest of the crap doesn’t help then last ditch effort you can pull the band back and snap the hell out of your wrist. This serves two purposes a) it will take your mind off of the current need to smoke b) when you do it enough times, you tend to associate the craving with the pain which helps (unless you’re into the pain thing. If so disregard that last part). After the first day, keep making a point of reminding yourself that you have accomplished a big goal in that one day, and challenge yourself to continue on. A couple of key points in the end here are; If you hang out with smokers, try to steer clear of them for a day or two till you get it under control. Refrain from the drinking and sex, these are two things that are the worst triggers. Finally, keep looking forward to the better smell and taste of the stuff you do everyday, unless you’re eating prison food sitting next to a waste management facility. As far as the forage thing goes, I cant help ya with that one, sorry. Good Luck
take up diving or scuba diving- or any water sport
Cold turkey! You gotta be tough for about a week! You will still have occasional cravings but they will gradually become fewer and farther between! I quit 7 years ago and I still to this day have a craving once in a blue moon or so! Start by crumbling up whatever cigs you got right now! Then try to remember these cigarettes that you destroyed before you give in to buying more! Do Not Buy Any More Cigarettes! You can do this! And you will be so happy after the tough part is done! Good luck!
just don-t buy cigarettes and save your money , natural remedy won-t help if you don-t have the wish to quit smoking
you shouldn-t start in the first place, next. if you do, don-t buy them
The only way that works is cold turkey. Just quit. I did it in 3-s, 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years. The suffering kept me from starting again because I never wanted to be controlled by a substance and suffer like that again. It worked. With every wave of desire just swear that you never want to feel like that again and you will win the battle.
chew straws
Lose an immediate family member to lung cancer at the age of 52. That should work. Not that i wish that on any of your family members, but it makes you think about quitting.
My father finally had luck with smokenders.
They-re still around.
The most important part was being conscious of each cigarette. Take away the triggers - coffee, drinking, one after a meal.
Cut back slowly, keep track of each one.
get yourself a crystal called -botswana agate- from a new age store...after you have cleansed it make sure you carry it with you everywhere..everytime you light up a smoke take the crystal and hold it in your hands the whole time you are smoking....its a slow process but gradually the smoke will start to taste foul and you wont have the urge to smoke
A friend of mine swears by American Spirits it gives your body a chance to shake the other addictive substances first.
Just Use you will power.
Its the best way to get rid of.
There-s a lot of free help here:
http://www.quitguide.com
and if you needed a really powerful natural method, you could spend a bit of that tobacco money and buy yourself one of the resources on that website.

http://www.tobaccofree.org/other.htm


Okay I can give you these sites all day BUT I GOT THE REAL DEAL...

You can want to smoke and try this and you will quit !!!!

I smoke for 20 years had such a bad habit if I was out I would smoke cigg- butts out the ash tray are were ever I could find them until they got hot and got hot and burn-t my lip let me tell you I would walk 10 miles just for one cigg...

I-m not going to lie to you this is straight up.

I was at this store and seen this add [ flyer ] and I got to reading it the lady behind the counter said hey MAN that really works.My son Quit in a few day and he had been smoking 25 years.

So I put it in my pocket and went back to work and one day I order it and when I got I just through it in the cabinet.

Looked at it for 3 to 4 months and then one day I ran out of ciggs so I said Okay!
Then took it out the cabinet and started reading it ...

It was all - herbs -

1. For nerve-s
2. Craving of food and on and on

Well I saying no way will this ever work. Thing about this product it never put nicotine in you to keep you stable it work were it would help you...

Pee it out
Poop it out
Sweat it out
Clean you as if it was never there, 30 day money back [ which my guaratee was no good it set in the cabinet to long ].

Well I tired it and in 3 days I never wanted another cigg again pass it on to my friends and 3 or 4 other people quit also of my kit.

One person smoke 3 packs a day!!!

Okay its called - Smoke Away - could get it off ESPN radio last I seen with a 30 days money back plus double you money back.

Now let me say this before I get to far I have been a Bodyguard for a long time I work with people smoking day and day out.

Smoke filled Bar rooms with 500 to 1,000 or more people never ever have I wanted a cigg again and, I love the smell of them but I have no desire to ever smoke again.

This is the only way I don-t care I have tired them all so now its up to you.

==EDIT==

Before I forget its been going on 6 years for me now.

--------------------------------------…

Well Guess What I Never Would Of Believed It I Found The Site

Man oh man I will tell everyone now answering your question was great I never really thought I would find it again because I give the kit to others .... Wow!!
Do not buy any, grow any, accept any or keep any you may already have in your posession. Throw all the tobacco products away. If you are addicted, get on the nicotine patch that helps to gradually, decrease your dependency on the drug. Avoid spending time with people who are smokers and may encourage you to continue the habit. Cold turkey won-t kill you if you are not a two year veteran already. Will power is the most effective, natural remedy I know of.
easy. quit smoking tobacco.

if you want to quit, you will.
just don-t buy anymore packs. you can-t smoke what you don-t have
Join a cessation program, use a hot-line to quit smoking(find on-line or in the yellow pages), buy the nicotine patch, ask your doctor for a prescription, see a psychologist to find out what cause you to smoke or maybe you know and just need a support group to help you quit. type in cessation programs on the web and you should come up with a lot of information. Good Luck!
No natural remedies, smoking is a physical as well as psychological addiction. If you really want to quit, follow this:

physical deaddiction first. THrow away all your stock except 3-4 packs. Smoke these 03-04 packs on a friday evening so that you can really appreciate why smoking is bad for you. Then quit w.e.f. sat morning. believe me, when you wake up, you will feel like s**t! Drink a lot of water, don-t go out of the house (you dont have any more cancer sticks, remember), have a fruity breakfast and go back to sleep. repeat in afternoon, night, till monday morning. Monday morning will see you free of the craze to smoke, as hopefully, all the water will detoxify you, your nose will be clear, your tastebuds will be functioning again.

Now for psychological detox. Substitute the habit with another. Smokers reach for a cig in all sorts of situations, waiting for a bus, stress in office, etc. The trick is to look out for these sits as the habit of lighting up often becomes nearly a subconcious reaction. If you can do that, chew gum/ aniseed instead of smoking.

reward yourself for little gains. see the benefits. clearer lungs, fresher breath, increased taste and flavour, more stamina, intimacy with partner is increased, cost benefits and saving, clearer skin, better sex etc.etc. Count your blessings and take it step by step. Don-t get perturbed by a minor relapse(if you smoke one or two in a moment of weakness), get right up and continue quitting! Get support from your partner through out.

Next, avoid other smokers, do not buy your own smokes, get a hobby, and soon you will have a smoke free life. I have it now! I smoke a good cigar every christmas, and that-s about it.

Lastly, if your will is weak but you still want to kill this deadly habit, go for drug therapy. violent reactions to nicotine will make smoking a really unpleasant experience, so you will be forced to stop. Remember, this is the last step, not normally advocated.
All the best!
just don-t smooke
Quitting smoking is mostly mind set. So set your mind to it and do it. Try eating sunflower seeds when you want a cigarette.
hide your lighter. ;)
keep smoking till you die of lung cancer.
Put down the tobacco product. Say -I QUIT!-
If you-re not sufficiently disgusted with it, you won-t quit. Not till you-re ready.
look at the sites below...the program can help for all drugs. I dont think that the supplements will be any more expensive than smoking and will clean the drugs out of your body. Help with the weight gain problem and mood.

I did this program for ssri addiction. Works. Without it i would never have been able to get off of them.
Rebecca
yellowcason@gmail.com
Does anyone know a good way to quit smoking tobacco? -