How do I effectivley quit smoking? And not start back up? -

Sunday, May 5, 2019

How do I effectivley quit smoking? And not start back up? -


I-m 18 and have been smoking for about 6 months. I need to quit but am unsure how to approach it without major cravings. I also need to know what methods have worked best. I was thinking about using the patch and gum. But don-t know how much they work. Some one please help me
Cravings are your body-s way of telling you that it wants the drug it-s addicted to. You-re going to have some cravings no matter what, because smoking has two seperate components - physical (the nicotine itself) and psychological (the act of smoking in response to external stimuli).

That being said... you-ve only smoked for 6 months. If you go the patch route, do not start with the 21 mg patch. Start with the 14mg patch. The 21 mg patch probably has more nicotine than you smoke in a day (unless you smoke more than a pack per day) and might only make you more addicted. You might even consider starting at the 7 mg (the smallest one), and see if that-s enough to take the edge off of your cravings.

The way the patch works is to break the link between the two different addictions. You-re getting the nicotine from the patch instead of a cigarette, so you don-t get the -I _need_ to smoke- feeling, and you have a better chance to break the -I-d _like_ to smoke right now- feeling. Once you break the -habit- part of smoking, then you scale down the level of nicotine.

Be aware that you probably will still feel some cravings at first, and also you might have cravings after you-re finished with the patch. Tough it out - after a week or so with no cigarettes and no patch, max, your body has zero nicotine and won-t crave it as much.

Good luck.
Get the patch as soon as possible. You only have been doing this for 6 months, so if you do this now you probably will have a lot easier time than those who are years into their addictions.
I-ve tried them all and the lozenges were the best, better than smoking, after the first couple days, and I smoked for 12 years
you have to WANT to quit and you have to want to quit 100%, otherwise it wont work, you-ll quit for a few weeks here and maybe a month or so there, but you-ll keep coming back. (experience and from I-ve seen my friends who have tried) People who try to quit just because someone else wants them too is not enough. wanting to quit for yourself just because you don-t want to do it for 1 reason only(money, health, etc.) is not enough. You have to want to quit 100%. Try reading up on all the dangers of smoking. seeing people who are sick from it first hand helps too. Look at how much money you have spent over time on cigarettes. Put all of these things together and it should help you. Also, a lot of hospitals and other clinics have smoke free aids and groups. I-m in the military and these groups and quitting devices (ptaches, gum, etc) are free. I-m not sure about civilian clinics and such.

good luck, it-s a horible habit and so gross and bad
Cold Turkey is the best way.

Watch someone die of emphysema.

Life-s too good and too short to waste on that filthy habit.
it should be easier if youve only been smoking for 6 months... i dont smoke but i know my friend that tried quiting after smoking for about half a year(also 18) and he did it cold turky.. but eventually started again after a year and tried stopping again... and he has said that it is harder to quit after smoking for a while.. so whatever you do, do it now, or else its just oing to be harder...
Hi,
Since I quit, I-m constanly now being asked -How Do I Stop Smoking?-
I really emphathise with you, I quit my 20 a day habit in a pain-free way!
No stress, no cravings, no weight gain, no pills, patches or gums.
The program I followed was recommended by a friend and now boasts a 90% success rate and is 100% fully guaranteed - can-t say fairer than that

All the best..


http://simonjs007.qsrnp.hop.clickbank.ne…
How do I effectivley quit smoking? And not start back up? -