I really want my mom to quit smoking? -

Sunday, May 26, 2019

I really want my mom to quit smoking? -


For years I have asked her to quit smoking. My aunt smoked and got lung cancer and passed away a few years ago. Sometimes I worry that she won-t be around for my prom, or my high graduation, or my wedding. I really need advice, please.
It-s hard. I still do it. I always told myself if someone actually gave me some support to stop smoking I would do actually try to quit. My parents don-t really support me in anything so I still do it. Talk to her butt DON-T judge her. Do not tell her what to do. Do not actually say mom --mom can you quit smoking?- Instead tell her how you feel about it and see how she would react.

EDIT: try asking this in a different category like the Adolescent of Family you will get many more answers
It is awful to watch someone you love do such harm to themselves but in all honesty unless she really wants to stop nothing and nobody will make her. I know because I am an ex-smoker who had a 30 a day habit and it was when I knew I wanted to start a family that I decided I had to stop for the sake of the baby. I nearly went insane in the process but exactly a year after stopping I fell pregnant and have never smoked since. If your aunt dying did not give her an incentive then I don-t think you asking will work, in fact the more people used to go on at me the more I used to smoke.
Hey Cailin,

I-ve tried just about every method there is out there with zero success.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.

Eventually a friend told me about a NLP method, you could do the same for your mom :).
Get her to check out this article
http://www.squidoo.com/Not_Smoking_Any_M…

It’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
J.
I really want my mom to quit smoking? -