How to quit smoking? Why is it so hard to quit and why cant we have the will power to quit? -

Thursday, May 23, 2019

How to quit smoking? Why is it so hard to quit and why cant we have the will power to quit? -


Tell me all the possibilities.
It-s more than just will-power because it has become a physical addiction. There are products - gums, holders - that can help you with the physical aspects as you continue to work on the psychological aspects. One step you could take is to stop hanging around with people who smoke. You can be particularly aggressive after you eat, when (for many people) the urge to smoke is particularly strong. Try to examine what conditions are around you when you feel the strongest urge to smoke appears and try to change those conditions if you can.
ive tried gum patches, dr drugs, gave up hanging with my friends who smoked i smoked worst cause all my friends are smokers. now what?


Report Abuse



Ugh I am so here right now too, when I typed -why is it so hard to quit- in google and here I am. Me and my hubby started taking Chantix about two months ago. Neither of us stayed on it though due to various irritating side effects. Now my hubby quit and hasn-t had a smoke in two months. I still battle the smoking though, I went two days no smokes, but today having a bad day. Opened our unopened pack and smoked two. So now I either have to fess up to my hubby or go out and buy another pack to cover it up. Leaving me with a now almost full pack of -sneaky smokes-. What to do? I find myself even sneaking smokes and lying to friends, I feel like a crack addict. I have no one to really talk to about this making it worse.
Thanks for listening.

I am in the process of not msokin bud. normally i smoke 3 grams a day of bomb kush. It sucks. i cant sleep. And im paranoid i hate this. I just wanna smoke and be back to normal but i wanna quit... its been a day and i am frusterated but i have no green, i quit smokin cigs about a month ago. i was addicted, usually a pack every 2 days for about a year or so. i just started to get sick of relying on them and bored. thats how i quit lol. but for me i am addicted to weed and cant stop i have smoked for so long and everyday i feel out of place without the feeling.
I have tried to quit but the ( hold on had to get a smoke) ah ok where was I yea as I was saying I have tried to quit but the nicotine forms little particles on your brain telling you,you need to smoke so you do, it doesn-t completely come down to will power it is an addiction, which I for one happily put up with for the time been. hope this helps.
You said it- -will power-.

Once your desire to quit is strong enough to over rule your desire to smoke- then it gets easier.

I quit many, many times only to start back after a few days, or weeks, or months. I event went 2 years and started back once.

I smoked 30 years. I finally quit at age 43 in 1991.

I will tell you this- you must stop for about 21 days in order to -break the habit-. Thats the hardest part. If you can not seem to get passed 2 or 3 days at the most-then you are not ready yet.

The last time I quit. I decided I could not do this on my own. Too many starts and stops. I felt I need some real help. I prayed to God. I asked Him to give me the strength to overcome the desire to smoke. Then I threw my cigarettes in the trash and never picked them up again. That was 17 years ago. I have been tempted on occasion, but not often.
Let me know when you find out! Been a smoker for 10 years...always thought of quitting and the longest I-ve been clean was 6 months. I think what we would need is a severe wake up call...I mean, if a doctor could show me what my lungs look like now, and what healthy lungs look like...I think it would give me the chance to reconsider my decisions and gain the willpower. But for now...I-m still going...very nasty habit...but for some reason it is satisfying.
To quit smoking visit http://www.stopsmoking4good.org or e-mail ContactOwner@stopsmoking4good.org
just think once about your family --SERIOUSLY-- , n i m sure that then you will have the stamina of quiting this bad habit
How to quit smoking? Why is it so hard to quit and why cant we have the will power to quit? -