Expected weight gain when you quit smoking? -

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Expected weight gain when you quit smoking? -


How much can you expect to gain when you quit? I stopped 12 days ago, ok. I have had 3 in that time but it-s still progress. I am using the patch. I have gained 10 pounds already. I monitor my weight constantly for other reasons but it is 10 pounds.
I gained 20 pounds in 1 yr. Start exercising now 2 avoid it b/c u-ll wanna eat more. Chew some sugar free gum. Learn 2 manage stress the right way.
I quit four days ago after smoking for years!! I-ve gone back on my gestational diabetes diet and I-ve lost 5 pounds. Basically you wake up and eat a piece of toast with peanut butter.
10:00 AM Snack Cheese and Crackers or 1/2 peanut butter sandwich
Lunch--A Healthy Choice ( or similar) frozen dinner that has less than 25 carbs
3:00 Snack--Cheese and Crackers, 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, peanuts, pecans or 1/2 Peanut butter sandwich
Supper--If you have a casserole, only eat one cup. Low carb veggies (green beans, etc)
9:00 PM 1/2 bagel with cream cheese or 1/2 peanut butter sandwich

My diabetes nurse said that the peanut butter keeps your metabolism revving CONSTANTLY. I lost 65 pounds PREGNANT!!!! And I felt like I was EATING ALL DAY LONG!!!

At the 9:00 PM snack time, DON-T EAT BEFORE OR AFTER THAT TIME. Try to stay with 9:00 on the dot! It will help you sleep.

TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM MILK. --
first drop the patch
second drink water around 2 liters
third exercise to replace the craving
eat more fruit more healthy food
start playing video games or something anything that
try meditating
also eat more but healthier like spread it out threw the entire day
You need to exercise- the nicotine in cigarretes is an appetite supressant and a stimulant so ur body needs to adjust . once you are throught with withdrawls in a couple weeks your weight should return to normal as long as you eat healthy and exercise
Expected weight gain when you quit smoking? -