A long term smoker will suffer what effects when they quit smoking? -

Monday, January 2, 2006

A long term smoker will suffer what effects when they quit smoking? -


I asked this earlier but didn-t get a response to what I was wondering. What I really want to know is if I quit smoking (I-ve been at it for 20 years now) am I going to have temporary respritory problems while my sillia begin to repair themselves.
Nope u won-t have any respiratory problems after cessation of smoking ... the only documented sideeffect was gain in weight .
No I-m a nurse. You will breathe clearer and will be OK.
Probably not, chances are it will feel awkward for a while because you wont be breathing in smoke anymore, but I dont think you will have problems, I know ex-smokers can be irritable temporarily though, you might wanna watch out for that.
I had one chest infection after another for about six months and believe it or not my teeth started to fall out. I put on four stone, apart from that isn-t life grand?
I just had cravings, and I found I did not want to eat as much, then I got a bit irritable for a while, but having been smoke free for a year I feel much better and my skin looks better as well
A long term smoker will suffer what effects when they quit smoking? -