It is probably wise for me to quit smoking before I want to diet and exercise huh? -

Friday, January 20, 2006

It is probably wise for me to quit smoking before I want to diet and exercise huh? -


I am so out of shape but I know smoking is not helping me want to exercise because of the out of breath feeling. I hate that feeling, and know I have to lose weight. So smart idea to do that first. It will be hard. I am thinking of having my friend email me stuff asking me how my breathing is going. She-ll do it and be nasty about since she hates smoking. That-ll piss me off cuz I-ll think that she will believe I am failing.
All are good things to try to accomplish: stopping smoking, eating well and exercising more... but, if you try to make too many changes all at once, you may find yourself very frustrated and failing at all. Pick 2-3 small objectives/goals that you can work on for the next couple weeks. Things like, reducing the number of cigarettes, walking 10 minutes a day, eating more veggies... these are 3 small things that you can easily incorporate that will help you toward all your goals... and you will find that the more you increase healthy behaviour, the more you will want to reduce/quit the unhealthy ones.

You might also want to consider a support group. Having your friend help you is a great idea! Support groups (online, telephonic, in person) add to accountability--which it sounds like you are wanting.

Good luck to you!!
Smoking is bad, so no matter what you should quit. At first quitting may alter your weight, but keep with it! Good luck!
Yes, I would strongly suggest to quit smoking if you want to diet and exercise.

Your breathing does shorten and you will have less breath to do exercise if you don-t stop.

My sources have a good website for people who are looking to quit smoking, like you :)
yes it would be wise. smoking makes that stuff harder. it gets in your lungs and makes breathing dificult. and while exercising u dont want to pass out and collapse. my sister, when she was in school, she smoked alot and stil does, but in gym class she had a hard time because of the smoking.
quit for yourself not for anything or anybody else. and be sure to stay away of sugary snacks it increases nicotine cravings. it maybe hard to do it all at once but if you get weak just remember you can do it and that i beleive in you. i did it and you can too. go girl! i am your number one fan!
Always remember: You can-t quit too many things at once--OR you-ll go back to ALL of them.

For instance, if you drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, and overeat--choose ONE of them to QUIT FIRST. After you-re confident you won-t go back to THAT one, QUIT the second... and so on.

Good luck to you.
If you want to work out, do it only 3 times per week. That was the secret. Anyone who tries to work out more than 3 times per week, is either a meat-head, body competition wanna-be or just gives up and doesn-t do it at all.

So, plan for 3 times a week.

As for smoking, it is about the most unhealthy thing you can do these days. You are basically killing yourself.

There are only about 8 different reasons why people smoke AFTER they have decided they wanted to quit. Try to really think about what is going through your head when you have urges to light up.

It is NOT just a physical addiction. That is the easy part. The mental addiction is the hard part, and you really have to understand who you are at that moment in time when you desire a smoke.
It is probably wise for you to quit smoking period, first, before doing anything else in life. We have all heard the dangers of smoking, however quitting is just do difficult. If you are serious about quitting i recommend you try this. It changed my life.
www.stopsmokingcleveland.com
It is probably wise for me to quit smoking before I want to diet and exercise huh? -