Need to quit smoking, and ALL my friends smoke. Help? -

Sunday, January 8, 2006

Need to quit smoking, and ALL my friends smoke. Help? -


I never feel the urge to smoke unless I am around my friends because they constantly are smoking. I-ll wake up every morning after smoking and feel so ashamed, then by the time work is over and I wanna relax with my friends, I find some way to convince myself that it-s okay to have a few smokes. It-s NOT okay. I need to stop.
Any help? I can-t afford any quitting aids or things like that
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.


check out this site for several daily online voice meetings

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…

if they are round at yours,tell them they have to smoke outside. Tell them you are trying to quit and it may even encourage them too. It will also help them to respect you and not smoke around you. Since you cant smoke in bars, dont go outside when they go for a smoke then you wont be tempted!

You say you cant afford quitting aids, yet you can afford fags, doesnt make sense!!! You will save a lot by quitting, and you wont smell like an ashtray anymore yay :D
Sometimes, things around us can affect in either in a good or bad way. I would replace smoking for something more healthy like gum, sunflower seeds, or herbs; when you need or feel like smoking , just take out a piece of gum or anything else but a cigarette. Smoking is doing you damage every time and things can get really ugly, I don-t want to scare you but you could die in a short period of time. Well, I hope you can make the right decision. Good luck!
no it is not ok, and it will just get worse, buy a lot of gum, or if you have to smoke, buy herbals, they don-t have any nicotine in them, and some are actually healthy, smoking a herb -colts foot- which is the main ingredient in herbals, is actually beneficial

we all started like this, and most of us never quit smoking, I managed to quit after over 10 years and God knows how much damage to my body
lol i know how it is. seems like all my friends smoke i usually carry our some toothpicks or matches for i can chew on if i get a urge to smoke. also drinking water or eating candy helps too
Actually, It-s fine to have a few, they key word being -few.- Stop trying to be Miss Perfect and enjoy your life.
Destroy them.
Need to quit smoking, and ALL my friends smoke. Help? -