I quit smoking 2 years ago and i still want a cigarette a lot of times,Will this ever stop? -

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I quit smoking 2 years ago and i still want a cigarette a lot of times,Will this ever stop? -


I smoked for about 25 years and im glad i quit but i still want a cigarette.
Hang on, danelover! I had my very last cigarette on October 16, 1998 and - some days more than others - it-s still hard for me to stay away from those things. I still have what I call -Relapse Dreams-. (Fortunately, those ebb in frequency as time goes by.)

Ahhhh, ....I still remember how it feels to have a cigarette after a great dinner.... ahhhh, especially Thanksgiving. ...Oh, dear. ...

Anyway! As diversion tactics, I carry around a bottle of water and take sips all day. While at work, I take bathroom breaks, quick trips to the mail room or copier, log on to Yahoo! for a minute or two, etc. Try to replace -The Habit- with something begnin or, the gods forgive, something HEALTHY!

Oooops, my 2 minutes are up! Good luck - Keep Smokeless, Sister!
unfortunatly,no but the craving will weaken.please hang in there and remember nicotine is harmful.think of how you feel now compared to how you felt then.
I-ve been there many times. It has to be your will power,
desire and determination to NOT take it. Think about all
those sickly people with all kinds of diseases on account of
smoking. Go on line and get info and some pictures of what it does to your lungs, heart, body and those around you.
And I also prayed that God would give me the strength to
quit and the courage to say NO!
I quit for 6 months and still wanted one every day, then one day I had one and started back up. I think it-s totally normal to still want one, but my hubby says you never have quit till you never smoke another. Best wishes
eat chocolate!!

he he he he
depends, try the patch to stop the urge
Once a smoker always a smoker, but stick with it don-t give in, you-ve done the hard part, it can only get better.
either chew nicotine gum, use a patch or smoke those fake cigarettes! never smoke again ewwww!!!!!!
That is normal, but don-t do it. It is hard to quit. Please pass this on to anyone who thinks they want to start.
I quit smoking in 1963 (November 15) after 11 years of smoking and I still like - more than like - the smell of a cigarette burning. I don-t move away when someone lights up near me. But I think that about 3 months is all it takes to kick it for good. I don-t see any danger in still wanting a cigarette. I think after two years you are beyond going back to it.
Are you using any -quitting aids- like the patch, nicotine gum? Anything containing nicotine? these things can be addictive, and leave you craving cigarettes. If not this could be psychological. You could try a hypnotist to break the habit built into your Psyche.
(I was a chain smoker, now the smell makes me sick. But I didn-t need help with this. I had convinced my self that being around smoke was making me sick, and I started showing physical symptoms)
It never really does but gets less and farther apart with the passage of time
Sure it will stop...

when you die.
I have a friend whose father hasn-t smoked in 20+ years (forgot, but it has been a LONG time.) He says he STILL has the urge every now - then. It decreased over time, but never totally went away.

Let that be a lesson for anyone who doesn-t smoke! Don-t start!
quit three years ago, still get cravings,
It-s normal, but you can-t give in to the desire to smoke. You have to think about your family and your friends. I don-t think they would like to see you hooked up to tubes and they-re planning your funeral because the doctors say you don-t have long to live. Please think about it, it could save not only your life, but someone else.
I quit smoking 2 years ago and i still want a cigarette a lot of times,Will this ever stop? -